Bad Plugs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got really excited at work today(its sad), because i found a junk china plug i have never ever seen before, it is a DUKAR A7TC and is printed in red, here it is in all its glory.
20121219_103411.jpg

20121219_103420.jpg

one thing i've noticed with spark plugs,

when running a resistor spark plug, eg CR7HSA or CR7HIX (Irridium), make sure to run a non resistor spark plug lead cap, (where it clips onto the spark plug)
otherwise it can pull almost 5000 volts more from the coil, creating a weaker spark at the plug.

and then basically the reverse of the above,
If using a non resistor plug eg C7HSA, etc run a decent Resistor spark plug cap,
some of the cheap chinese ones are pretty bad,
the metal shielded, standard type china plug caps with an inbuilt resistor, and they usually stamp 5 Ohm into the shield.

NGK Resistor spark plug cap

1NGKCAPRESIST_zps15dc055f.jpg

NGK non resistor spark plug cap, usually a bit shorter than the resistor type.

1NGKNONRESIST_zps6f9c68fd.jpg

and make sure you always run the rubber boots on them too to keep moisture out and the spark from jumping

and a bit of Dielectric grease smeared inside the cap on the spark plug terminal clip will also help keep things dry/clean etc

dielectricgrease.jpg

and lastly, get yourself a decent quality spark plug lead too, solid copper core leads are still around and work well.
or the new Splitfire leads with the inbuilt capacitors are another good one, with twin wire wound cores
they store some charge in the capacitor, then release the energy when it peaks, giving you a better spark/ at it's full potential.

remember better quality parts, usually equals a better spark/better performance....

do pitster pros usually come stock with crap plugs?

Not sure westy, if they come with a denso i would get rid of it as the denso's our bikes come with is a fake denso and we stick with the c7hsa NGKs.

one thing i've noticed with spark plugs,

when running a resistor spark plug, eg CR7HSA or CR7HIX (Irridium), make sure to run a non resistor spark plug lead cap, (where it clips onto the spark plug)
otherwise it can pull almost 5000 volts more from the coil, creating a weaker spark at the plug.

and then basically the reverse of the above,
If using a non resistor plug eg C7HSA, etc run a decent Resistor spark plug cap,
some of the cheap chinese ones are pretty bad,
the metal shielded, standard type china plug caps with an inbuilt resistor, and they usually stamp 5 Ohm into the shield.

NGK Resistor spark plug cap

1NGKCAPRESIST_zps15dc055f.jpg

NGK non resistor spark plug cap, usually a bit shorter than the resistor type.

1NGKNONRESIST_zps6f9c68fd.jpg

and make sure you always run the rubber boots on them too to keep moisture out and the spark from jumping

and a bit of Dielectric grease smeared inside the cap on the spark plug terminal clip will also help keep things dry/clean etc

dielectricgrease.jpg

and lastly, get yourself a decent quality spark plug lead too, solid copper core leads are still around and work well.
or the new Splitfire leads with the inbuilt capacitors are another good one, with twin wire wound cores
they store some charge in the capacitor, then release the energy when it peaks, giving you a better spark/ at it's full potential.

remember better quality parts, usually equals a better spark/better performance....
\
Great post up craig thankyou, considering that a crap spark can give you huge dramas this is very important information.

Glad you like westy, cheers lad

i guess it would give a better burn and most probably would be more reliable, but would need a decent coil and lead, ive been running a c7hix NGK iridium for years.

Yee haaa, found yet another junk piece of **** china plug, steer clear of it and bury upon removal instantly.
It is a CHDY A7TC, i dont know where they pull these names from but i dont think it stands for anything important.
20130115_163210.jpg

20130115_163242.jpg

Well, guess what, yep found another junker that should never reach any engine be it china or not. And as for the name, as you will see its whatever you want to call it.
20130201_125116_zpsc1a46e5b.jpg

20130201_125039_zps185c14ff.jpg

well im back with more dodgy plugs, it amazes me that the plugs of different names from china just dont stop. This next plug is named "DIYOU" the way i translate this is F you haha. Have never seen this plug before and makes me happy when i find a dodgy plug lol.
20130304_134106_zpsdcca41c5.jpg

20130304_134114_zpsfb5efa10.jpg

But nothing makes me more happier than finding 2 dodged plugs in a day, This next plug is a HH, dont know what it means but who cares, dont normally see them printed in red so it must be rare lol.
20130304_124931_zpsa5f755d9.jpg

ff2aed37-7e68-47b9-ac9b-88e5368c6ea9_zps4a87d6d9.jpg

Sure do joshy, they dont stop mate. I think i will line them all up and get a family pic lol, must be about 12 or so dodgies now mate.

Rotns orphanage for homeless spark plugs LOL
They are unwanted and saddens me as they have feelings, just because there spark is not as bright as the rich kids doesn't mean they are inferior, there just plain F'd

Latest posts

Back