Bargains abroad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defective

Reaction score
Since our dollar is currently worth more than the US greenback there's never been a better time to pick up some awesome deals from all over the world. I thought it would be a good idea to let each other know where we can all find some awesome bargains.

I'll kick it off with a link to somewhere that I've bought a bit of gear from recently because they have some cheap ass prices and shipping is only $25usd for purchases under $500 and free for purchases over $500.

Motocross Gear, MX Gear, Dirt Bike Gear, Motocross Clothing, Motocross Helmets, Motocross Jerseys, Motocross Boots, and Dirt Bike Parts - All at LocoX

Yeh i've been buyin parts from ebay america ebay malaysia and ebay ireland

Hey Defective
I recently bought all my mx gear from rockymountainatv as they have a flat rate of shipping for however much you spend. I contacted locomx and they dont include any fees / customs that australia may charge. How much did it cost you in fees?

Cheers
Carlton

Hey Defective
I recently bought all my mx gear from rockymountainatv as they have a flat rate of shipping for however much you spend. I contacted locomx and they dont include any fees / customs that australia may charge. How much did it cost you in fees?

Cheers
Carlton

If the purchase is under $1000 there are no extra fees, charges or taxes added on. So never buy more than $1000 worth in one go and you will avoid the extra costs imposed.
That law may change soon and the tax free limit will be lowered if some polies get their way.

Hi The_GDFP

In regard to your price comparison, have you ever run a business in Australia or imported goods into Australia though Australia Customs?

Cheers

Jaimie

i thinks we just pay a ****eload more tax on our products than they do

Bikes (Jap or otherwise) should be priced the same here as they are in the US with only added (and fully explained) taxes being the excuse ... Otherwise I won't listen any BS for 1 second ...

So you're saying Honda Australia pays Honda Japan more per bike than Honda US when we are closer to Japan than the US is ...

More like Honda Australia is deliberately maintaining higher prices for Aussies ... If the Yanks can sell 'em cheaper and still make a profit then Aussie retailers can too ... It works that way with everything else on the planet ...

Imagine going shopping at Woolies and getting told that you have to pay near double price per item because they didn't sell much that day ... LOL ...

People seem to be forgetting that the us has millions more people than aus. Selling bikes cheaper there makes sense as they sell tens of thousands more than in aus.

was just thinking the same thing, the US has much greater buying power then AUS

IMO dont think buying power has anything to do with it. Taxes and wages contribute to most of it.

Heard there is a big issue with the aussie economy due to alot of people buying off shore (me included), loss of taxes and the money going out of Australia.

yeah aye last week i was shoppin up hektik lol. got some genuine pro taper bars and plastics for 90 bucks posted on ebay usa

Latest posts

Back