bearing puller.. NOT mini related!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
looking at coolie here.. but if anyone else can suggest a place or has the equipment.. gimme a yell...

Need to get both the bearings removed from this.

DSC02839.jpg

they need to be pulled out from the side shown, as tapping them from the opposite side will result in the centers being punched out leaving the outer race..so im told.. :S

Squire coolie.. you still working for that bearing mob? the item in question is in Noble park, so nice and close.. I can pass on contact details for the guy needing the work.. its to make the zookie go whirl ;)

I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS ADVERTISING!
VVVVVVVVVV

hmmm you looking at doing it your self or getting someone to do it mate?

id imagine you would need to heat the housing around the bearing (oxy) and push it out then freeze the new bearings and heat the case again to fit them..

and unless the bearings are absolute buggered then the centers shouldnt separate..

is that a toyota charger?

Not sure if this would work for this, but if the back of the bearing is firmly sealed up against something, if you fill the hole with grease then find something of the same diameter as the hole, hammer it in a bit and since the grease has nowhere to go it the pressure build up will start to push the bearing out towards you.

I've seen this done on a bearing like component of a car clutch that was being replaced.
Keeping it air tight would be the main issue I can see with your bearing there...

I'm no expert though lol

BSC Bearings is who Coolie works/worked for i think.

sean01 uh huh ;)

travis, I know what ya mean.. like when a spigot bearing needs to be replaced.. grease actually forces the bearing out.. wont work here as the rear is open.. but only enough for the internal part of the bearing to have pressure applied.. spewin there isnt a pic from the other side..

pay someone to do it.. long as its cheap.. it shouldnt be THAT hard with the right tools... its not for a project of mine.. its for a mate.. reckons if is to much, he can get another cheap enough :S

eh it's only an alloy housing
get a paint gun or something to heat the housing up with not to much you will warp the alloy you wont need anything over say 50-60 degs

the one brg with the seal missing is just a deep groove ball brg with a brass cage i cant read the numbers but looking at it and what they have one the other brgs it looks just to be a deep groove ball brg ie 6202 wheel brgs for most china's

in the case the bearing wil take about 30-40% of it's load capacity axially or side ways for the rest you should be able to knock them out pretty easy from the inner ring..... BUT BE WARNED DO IT CAREFULLY..... is the brg skews in the housing to far it may crack unlikely but it may

now has he got the new brgs of not send him to bsc clayton and get him to ask for me they look weird so they may be precision brgs he will need to know the speed they run at because i will take no responsibility for the failure if it happen

if he wants to i can sell him a puller kit will be between $60-$120 depending whats required

or he can go to most engineering shops little ones and they might s do it for a six pacK

let me know how a go speed my numbers the same

eh it's only an alloy housing
get a paint gun or something to heat the housing up with not to much you will warp the alloy you wont need anything over say 50-60 degs

the one brg with the seal missing is just a deep groove ball brg with a brass cage i cant read the numbers but looking at it and what they have one the other brgs it looks just to be a deep groove ball brg ie 6202 wheel brgs for most china's

in the case the bearing wil take about 30-40% of it's load capacity axially or side ways for the rest you should be able to knock them out pretty easy from the inner ring..... BUT BE WARNED DO IT CAREFULLY..... is the brg skews in the housing to far it may crack unlikely but it may

now has he got the new brgs of not send him to bsc clayton and get him to ask for me they look weird so they may be precision brgs he will need to know the speed they run at because i will take no responsibility for the failure if it happen

if he wants to i can sell him a puller kit will be between $60-$120 depending whats required

or he can go to most engineering shops little ones and they might s do it for a six pacK

let me know how a go speed my numbers the same

I thought it looked like a high capacity bearing lol maybe i been outa the game to long.........yeah fools light heat and tap them out easy as, if not use a internal bearing puller, should be able to pick em up from super cheap.

Latest posts

Back