best tyres for rear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
ok im in fo a new tyre and not sure wat to get i ride abit of everything mainly intermediate ive seen the pirelli scorpion mx extra though anyone know of something else taht would be a good tyre and where i can get one of these and how much

thanks for your help

I run Michelin Starcross's on my 88 Rear. Good tyre...CHunky and gets really good grip. I just get them from a Bike shop. STay away from Kenda's they're shithouse. Pirelli's are average tyres aswell actually, wouldnt get one of those. Bridgestones are pretty good.

My experience with tyres so far ,

Dunlop - Not impressed , lack of knobs and side wall height. Qucik to wear , quite expensive.
Bridgestone - The m40 is a piece of shit tyre , really didnt rate it as a rear tyre. Just wore very very quickly. The m402 , Really really good tyre , love them!
Maxxis - Really mean looking tyre , ran it on a 12" rear. Quite a wide tyre with high profile and plenty of traction but cost was a big downfall
Kenda - Carlesbad: ran it on my front 12" , shit tyre. Just wore out quickly. Millville , Loved them for some reason. Hooked up really well but wore too quickly for my liking and threw knobs.
Innova: - Motive: Shit tyre , too high profile made the thing feel like it was walking around on the rim. Wore quickly. Tough gear , better than the motive but still preety basic. Wore quickly

I want to try Shinko's next but they apparently way shitloads over Bridgestones , trying to do a lightweight build on my limited now so weight is a big factor ( Hence swapping zokes for crf70 forks , five-o swinga for fast50s one )

i have a Kenda Carlsbad .. works great.
Havnt used any other tyre before.

He is actually paying $5 more.. Dont forget Postage.

Yeh true , $70 was a good deal as they are usually 80+

Mybe check out Bruce Collins enterprises for some shinko's they are around $40 , preety gnarly looking tyre. Wouldn't like to be underneath one of those!

But in saying that if you buy from the local dealer , he'll be able to fit it for next to nothing if you support him. Because who likes getting bloody knuckles , scratching the bajeebus out of your rim and only to have the tyre fitted , then comes inflattion only to have ripped the tube. I know I have.

Many times!

So best off to support the local who can fit it for you , changing tyres is not what I consider fun! Its a last resort

My 3 bikes all have I.R.C. tyres and i think they work well as they are relatively cheap last well and are easy to get.Ive never payed more than $40 for them and that includes fitting

dont get dunlop

they wear down in like 2 weeks

bad tyre

If you can get your hands on an m402 Bridgestone get one! As Unitmx Said...Good tyes.

im running kenda carlsbad they not too bad.
nice wide big profile biggg knobys.

great on dirt but the second you hit the road/ concrete they start wearing down.

your probally looking for a allround tyre. maybe a maxis or something??

Latest posts

Back