best value bike on the market

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you re-read my post Achmed I wasn't saying that the Pimpits were a bad bike. Infact they seem like a good bike for the money, however they are not of the same quality in all components as say a MSO 140SR, they are however cheaper so this makes up for it. As is the rule in life you get what you pay for, will a Gunslinger be better then a Pitpro 140XR, yeah it will, easily, is it every bit as good as a MSO 140SR, no sorry its not.

If you want Achmed I can spend some time and do up a list of differences between the two bikes and show exactly what your extra money is paying for with the MSO. You have to look closely and study every little bit of the bike to find all the differences.

It all comes down to how much bike you want to buy, the only area where the pimpit really wins is it has the 150cc but if you race that can put you up another class which could work against you. Once again not having a dig at Pimpit, Dan is a good bloke and the times I have dealt with him have been good. Bikes are good for there price but your not getting a $2000+ bike for $1400, your just getting a bike that is worth its $1400.

Ive been sitting back and watching this debate so I thought maybe its time I put in a word or 2 lol. Now I know that Achmed (Adam) does not work for Pimpit but yes he did design there website but he has also designed the new Braaap website along with a few others. He could have got a Braap I suppose but he decided to buy a Pimpit gangster and from what I can see so far he is happy with it so he is just representing for his ride.
He was paid for his work long before pimpit had there bikes in Australia but no doubt that Dan gave him a better than advertised price or even cost price but for that I would say that Dan did the aussie thing and looked after a mate who looked after him. Whats wrong with that?

As for the bikes not being on any podiums or at any race meets well that is obvious considering they havent been around for long at all. MSO didnt start a race team with there first or second shipment of bikes so they cant be compared in that way. I can name another TDR distributer with 2 shops in Melbourne selling a simmilar model with the 140cc from the same factory for just over $2000 (im not sure if they ever sell any though) so the Pimpit is very good in price compared to them.

Anyway between the 2 bikes I couldnt go past the MSO SR but at the end of the day the Pimpit is around $500 cheaper and I think its a great value bike at that price.

This reeks of advertising and if these are the depths they have to go to to sell bike then i for one sure as hell are not going to buy one. Achmed get the point your not wanted here, i have permi banned 8 of your accounts and can keep this up all day. Your just making yourself look like a fool

mmm id have to agree that MSO after sale service is second to none but for the extra money i dont think id get the SR over the PIMPIT and from what ive seen id have to say the PIMPIT is better value as it comes with a 150 and billet parts better swingarm etc etc etc but the MSO is proven and the PIMPIT HASNT AS YET.

Well said motoxxx but physco honestly what does that prove? Didnt we just go through the whole race thing?

Although, I would like to see Girotto, Bushey or Ryno take the pimpit out for thrash and give there honest opinions. That would then confirm the differences in the ride and handleing of the bike but i dont think that will happen so untill then the debate will go on.

MSO - cant go past them for quality and service
Pimpit - are resonably new to the scene but so far they have been looking very good.

Pimpit - so far they have been looking very good.

... the webmaster call's a moderator a d****head and said he would like to kick our 17 year old c*** asses

i dont think there making a very good name for them selfs IMO

sus he just owns one of these bikes and he designed there website so what does that have to do with Pimpits name?

Man, it feels like im being chased by a pack of rabbid pitbulls.

All I am asking for is proof that the MSO is a better quality bike than the PIMPIT. It comes down to quality of parts, build, etc.

If you put the MSO up against the PIMPIT with two riders exactly the same, the PIMPIT is going to win because of its engine advantage. But put the MSO up against the PIMPIT, with the same engine, there will be no difference.

Therefore it comes down to comparing them side by side, and the PIMPIT has better componentry in some areas and the same in others, but none less. So logic would tell you, the PIMPIT can be put in the same class as the MSO for quality. We're not talking proven race ability, or backup service, were judging the bikes on their own individual merits.

Unless someone can stop blowing hot air and saying its just better 'because', and actually come up with plausible facts, it would be better for them to keep out of it and stop being so bloody childish.

for the record

ok Thump I didn't ban him and I never said his bike was shit .

However if you read the first post he challenges anyone to show a better value bike .Honestly I was only trying to show him value is a subjective thing .

I'd also like to see Bushwacker and the MSO crew give these bike a good run and that's my point ... until you do put someone like that on your bike ,race it or chuck it off a ramp it's not really proven.It costs money to do this as you know but the result is everyone knows an sr will go 50ft off a ramp pretty much outta the box.I got nothin against the bike I also think it's good value and wish em the best.
But the challenge was find a better value bike ..... and as I've tried to explain in my opinion ....with Bushy and the boys doin r@d and the fact that mso has been on the podium at every major race this year proves to be competetive

this makes it better value if ya wanted to race ... just my opinion and mine are as valid as the next mans.:p

Maybe I was a bit harsh but I didn't ban him ...he did that all by himself

I wasnt having a go at you dready but I just thought id say what I know about this discussion. I do agree that the title and the wording used in the first post is a bit umm, cocky i suppose and it was bound get some people fired up for a debate. So all we need to do now is get Dan to give us a bike to test ride and see exactly how they compare :D

All good Thump no dramas at all mate:D

And yeah I really do wish Dan the best of luck with what looks like a good bike.

As ya know mate it's a tough industry and the first couple of years are always the hardest . He sounds like a good bloke from all accounts so I wish him well.:cool:

and if he wants some ad space in the mag ?

[email protected]

I'll do him a deal ;)

The debate seems a bit reminiscent of the Holden v Ford rivalry. ( we all know FORDS are better )

The thing that gets my back up is when someone calls your FORD a DAEWOO.

Thanks THUMP for your level head in moderating this thread.

No one called ya ford a Daewoo mate I just said for a racer there are better value deals in my opinion.The MSO has been proven on the track n off a ramp... the bike is proven ..... yours is not ....all good in time it will be but it's not now and as a result claiming it as the best seems pretty hollow till we see it go off a ramp or around a track.

Here's another little secret for you .... you can buy the same part in up to 7 different build qualities from most factories in china they ALL look the same ...SO TWO BIKES CAN LOOK THE SAME BUT BE MILES APART IN BUILD QUALITY.... and the only way to test a bike is to ride it and test it .

See try and understand you are asking me to prove the TESTED bike is better than the UNTESTED bike .... see that just don't make sense .... don't you think the UNTESTED bike should be the one proving itself ??

In other words the burden of proof rests with the UNPROVEN bike am I really the only one that see's this ?.

Let me put it this way ....let's say pimpit test their bikes and spend 4 years doing r@d and building a solid reputation in the industry ..... then someone comes along with a new untested bike and claims it to be as good .

I would say the same thing to them ... PROVE IT cause logic dictates the burden of proof is on you .

As for him not bein banned ?

You'd wanna ask Thump not me

Indeed motoxxx ... Im happy to let someone use my bike for a test.
Indeed dreadful ... there are different quality parts out of china, but i know for a fact that the factory the PIMPIT comes out of sources their parts from the same place as other major bike brands. But as you said, the next step is for the bikes to be proven. I think a model shootout would be in order.
maybe this could be done through 50's brotherhood?

BINGO

Go straight to the front of the class moto.:D

Yeah it would help ,they look like a good bike :cool:

a good rider,photog and setup are essential in getting the images you need and with weather ,injuries and mech failure this is harder to get together than most think .... but those images are worth their weight in gold in my opinion AND WELL WORTH THE EFFORT .

Have'nt heard many ask if ya can jump an MSO since we posted this seq of Dan Barrett goin 50ft at the patch and let everyone know it stock as rock 20min outta the box....
Untitled-1copy.jpg

The seq took a month to shoot because of the weather , there's another frame but can't find the finnished seq ... anyway it was nuts ,I'd pull my camera out and it'd rain and at the same time customs was killing us during the great brake pad fiasco so the bike didn't arrive or get started for nearly a month ... it was a very frustrating and expensive month for Ken and Linda but at the end of the day we got it .... and I like to think it was worth it:cool:
My point being without the photographic proof talk about how good or bad a bike will hold up it's just that ....... talk.

Anyway I'm sure Dan knows where we are and what we do .... if they wanna get involved with the mag we could help em out but at the least they need to find some testers and get some shots.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back