Big-bore 4stroke Vs Big-bore 2stroke.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt if anyone on a big bore two stroke could get around an MX track as fast and as smoothly as this guy can on big bore 4 stroke ......

YouTube - James Stewart at Cahuilla Creek

thats just unnatural, Bubba is not human, he's a dirtbike robot of some sorts...
Anyway, the big-bore 2-stroke appeals to me because of the totally uselessness of it's powerplant, thats why it's become a legend, or isn't it?

Anyway, the big-bore 2-stroke appeals to me because of the totally uselessness of it's powerplant, thats why it's become a legend, or isn't it?

AHhahahah yes! Thats why I like the 2 stroke better. The 2 strokes are so much more fun to ride around then a 4 stroke.

I love how the 250 makes its power.

And your point is??????????
Im sure the dude only wants to have fun on the bike, not get an engineering degree through redesigning it:eek: :eek:

I would think of it as a turbo over supercharged :p. Bog..... BOOOOOOST. Or on a big bore 2 stroke... Wheel spin....WHEEEEELL SPIIIIN.

I would think of it as a turbo over supercharged :p. Bog..... BOOOOOOST. Or on a big bore 2 stroke... Wheel spin....WHEEEEELL SPIIIIN.

Yes!! exactly! a 125 2-stroke makes no power for thousands of RPM and then suddenly hits you in the ass with every last pony it got, a 250cc 2-stroker makes much, much more power from the bottom and then hits you in the head with even more power when you least need it! thats why I dream of the legendary CR500, the sheer terror of twisting the throttle in a tight turn, the cold-sweat when staring up a hill-climb, the top-gear power-wheelies.
maybe I'm sick...

Alright, sorry about bumping an old thread, but has anyone here got experience with the KTM 380sx? as I've stated I'm looking for a bigbore 2 stroker, but the choices are very limitited, the CR an KX 500 are as rare as gold in this country, but the 380 SX are a more common sight. I went and tried one the other day, and I wasn't to impressed with the power actually, but this was a shitty specimen, are the 380s as good as they claim?

Alright, sorry about bumping an old thread, but has anyone here got experience with the KTM 380sx? as I've stated I'm looking for a bigbore 2 stroker, but the choices are very limitited, the CR an KX 500 are as rare as gold in this country, but the 380 SX are a more common sight. I went and tried one the other day, and I wasn't to impressed with the power actually, but this was a shitty specimen, are the 380s as good as they claim?

hey mate i have ridden a few ktm 380sx and i dont think they are that good

i love my honda cr250 , i got on a cr500 a few years back but just put putted around a paddock didnt hit band.

the guy who rides the cr500 swears by it, no other bike out there comes close.

The power, sound, feel .. SMELL ! of a 2T is the best.

Latest posts

Back