Big hole found in engine, Valve issue

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordzan

Reaction score
gday folks i just flipped my engine over and found a huge hole, thought you all might like to see some Atomik build quality. unless i did this ... hardly ridden the bike before the oil drian plug broke though. dont buy atomik people, bad newss. :eek:
what would you guys do about this ?

was also hoping to ask, trying to set my valve clearance i get it to TDC then can get .003 feeler in one valve but not the other .. even with the screw almost all the way out. ill try resetting to TDC again and it might be the same problem or visa versa.

thanks fellas
Picture239.jpg

Picture238.jpg

Wow, Is it under waranty still? if it is ring em up and send it back, they'll give u a new one.

Oh man there's no way you did that ... it came off the line like that it looks like a casting fault to me .... you'd like to think they'll replace it but I don't like your chances given their track record .... still I'd give it a go because that's kidding .

IF you can set the valves you could plug the hole with knead it metal putty ... I've seen it plug a 20 cent peice hole in a 125lifan case that has hung in for a year.

Oh man there's no way you did that ... it came off the line like that it looks like a casting fault to me .... you'd like to think they'll replace it but I don't like your chances given their track record .... still I'd give it a go because that's kidding .

IF you can set the valves you could plug the hole with knead it metal putty ... I've seen it plug a 20 cent peice hole in a 125lifan case that has hung in for a year.

that is great stuff, i used it in the hole for pegs on my pocket bike to hold the screws in and its sweet.
if you cant get a exchange get some of this from bunnings;)

you're trying to set the valve clearance on valve overlap! u need to spin the flywheel 360 degrees and try again.
to make sure you ain't on valve overlap rock the flywheel back n forth while on TDC, if the valves move with the rocking then you're on valve overlap and need to spin the flywheel 360 degrees.

the casting fault is hardly atomiks fault they don't make the engines, coulda been a pitster

yep nothing to be alarmed about, it a casting fault(they just didnt clean it up after the casting process), it goes nowhere as you can see or youd have an extremely bad exhaust leak or it would leak oil majorly.

and yep what DVDrip said..
spin your magneto another 360degree's or trying to set them on the rock.
just remember that your crank will do 2 full rotations to 1 cam rotation..

ow sweet, i kinda wondered after ide made this post how it had run pretty well previouslly. ill keep an eye on it for any leaks though. this metal putty stuff sounds awsome, never seen it before.

thanks i didnt even think about which part of the rotation it was on. its all slowly starting to click with your help :)

ow sweet, i kinda wondered after ide made this post how it had run pretty well previouslly. ill keep an eye on it for any leaks though. this metal putty stuff sounds awsome, never seen it before.

thanks i didnt even think about which part of the rotation it was on. its all slowly starting to click with your help :)

yeh mate its been around for ages!
my dad had a stick in his toolbox and i asked to use it and he said it was like 10 years old... works great still
RP_SelleysKneadItSteel.jpg

Think of that hole as air conditioning that helps let your motor run a bit cooler ...

Master Spanner Spinner

Think of that hole as air conditioning that helps let your motor run a bit cooler ...

Really? im gonna go drill a hole in my bike :p

Be VERY careful of the drill size you use and the hole positioning ... otherwise the "flute" effect could kick in when you least expect it ...

Latest posts

Back