bike bogging out

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto99

Reaction score
hey guys, ive had a few problems with my JK carby it use to go great untill me and a mate crashed and its been bogging out ever since, when ever i pull the thottle quickly it bogs out and wants to stall
The main jet is 90 if that helps
ive cleaned out carb out, new thottle cable
I couldnt find any threads either cheers for your help!

Last edited:
When was the last time you did your valve clearances???

Not sure why a crash would have caused this. I would do your valve clearances throw in some fresh fuel then go from there.

Does it only do this when you quickly pull the throttle on?
Tried a fresh spark plug?

yeah it only does this when i pull the thottle quick, ive checked the carb manf and its all good

has there been a weather change in your location? this can have a lot to do with engines bogging or flat spotting

Check your gaskets if your gaskets arent 100% can do this, when he stacked it did any mud get in the carb? also check float level.

im not 100% sure if dirt did go inside the carby, but i did clean it out today and gaskets are new

Check and redo the valve clearances as Paton has said ...

^^^^yep and make sure the exhaust is sealing good in the head..

also double check your inlet manifold (i know you said you have already) hair line fractures are common..
specially in the smaller e-start engines where the manifold is taller than usual. (like in a china quad)

sean01;297515 also double check your inlet manifold (i know you said you have already) hair line fractures are common.. specially in the smaller e-start engines where the manifold is taller than usual. (like in a china quad)[/QUOTE said:
yep same thing happend to ours missus flipped it at an allmighty speed and put a hairline crack in the manifold giving the same symptons as what was posted

Latest posts

Back