bike building and parts need help asap please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinisterkid131

Reaction score
hey guys im completely new to this site but im in huge need of help my bike is costing me way to much already. i found a pitster pro 160cc for $200 and that started all this, the bike blows hupe amounts of smoke and i found a crack in the frame. so i orded a new crf style frame from dhz so ive braught new tank plastics lifan 125 engine protapers and few little things, but im in need of help ive researched heaps and i cant find up but i dont think my swing arm will fit the new frame will it? and im hoping my forks n tripple clamps will fit this new fram also ?? just need some help n advice please guys

Welcome to miniriders.
What type of pitsterpro did you get? LXR X4r ??
Any reason why you went from a 160 to a 125?? The 160 is cheap to rebuild.

Yeah, so much going on, you really need to slow down and think about what you are doing I think, especially if you are short on cash. And rule number 1, Dirt bikes are expensive. What I get from this, is that you bought a bike that was probably on deaths door for next to nothing, and now ordered a bunch of parts that dont even fit that bike. Is that correct ?????

cheers mate and im unsure on the pitster pro sorry, and the engine had some horrid noises leaked heaps of oil and had pretty decent size chips of metal in the oil, got the engine sold for $100 tho, im just not familiar with pit bikes in general so im sorta confused hoping my forks n stuff will fit but unsure what else i need to buy

Yeah, so much going on, you really need to slow down and think about what you are doing I think, especially if you are short on cash. And rule number 1, Dirt bikes are expensive. What I get from this, is that you bought a bike that was probably on deaths door for next to nothing, and now ordered a bunch of parts that dont even fit that bike. Is that correct ?????
yep super right, so ive got the dhz crf style frame, lifan engine, crf plastics seat n tank, im not to worried on money just dont wanna waste money on the wrong stuff obviously im more doing it for a cheapish project for the experience of the build to get away from my car for a while oh and i ordered the frame then realised what id done so i ordered the rest of the crf stuff

Last edited:
mulishaseth

mulishaseth

the bike ive got for parts and the frame ive ordered

Last edited:
You would of been better of welding up the frame.

yeh i know but it needed plastics n frame painted n fair bit of stuff done and im not real keen on the klx style any ways, ive ordered the frame, plastics, seat, wiring loom, tank, and other random little parts but im wondering what else ill need, like tripple clamp? swing arm ? forks? im hoping this isnt the case ha

please any advice n help on swing arm fitting n forks or anything please guys ?

It's really sounding like you should of brought a new bike.
Try the parts and see what fits when you get the frame.

It's really sounding like you should of brought a new bike.
Try the parts and see what fits when you get the frame.

nah its alright man i just wanted to see if any one knew so i could order swing arm n stuff now but yeh ill just wait just keen to start putting it together =]

Have a look through some of the other builds in here>
China Builds - Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Did you buy a CRF50 or a CRF70 frame? That is a major factor
CRF70 frame=
DHZ OUTLAW 160R, LKI Sticker, New Release

Pretty sure the swingarms below will suit the CRF70 style frame but you would have to check with DHZ?

HD PITSTERPRO X4R Alloy Swingarm

HD GPX Alloy Swingarm

This is an Atomik CRF50 style bike I have just put together & almost finished>
http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/35841-thumpinozs-build.html

Im going to be doing a CRF70 style build myself soon

Have a look through some of the other builds in here>
China Builds - Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Did you buy a CRF50 or a CRF70 frame? That is a major factor
CRF70 frame=
DHZ OUTLAW 160R, LKI Sticker, New Release

Pretty sure the swingarms below will suit the CRF70 style frame but you would have to check with DHZ?

HD PITSTERPRO X4R Alloy Swingarm

HD GPX Alloy Swingarm

This is an Atomik CRF50 style bike I have just put together & almost finished>
http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/35841-thumpinozs-build.html

Im going to be doing a CRF70 style build myself soon

cheers heaps dude ill get straight onto having a look when i get time appreciate the help, and yeah i its a dhz frame crf50 style tho cheers again man

Latest posts

Back