bike building and parts need help asap please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offence but doing grafitti for the local council sounds funny, Spose ya better off doing it how & where they want rather than all over the place

Its only about $20 for a new set of bearings, The time it would take to machine a race would be worth much more than $20?

Im certain DHZ would send you a set of bearings anyway?

yeah sounds funny but pays the bills and i get to put my art in public view and it also gets me alot of other work as i was a tattooist in nsw so its good to to graffiti here in a good form as there only trashy stuff on the streets here. and nah not really i dislike the fact its a new frame with a fault like that because it will always wreck bearing quicker than normal so id rather just fix it while im still waiting for parts to rock up got my sticker kit today =]

Nah what I mean is the bearings come with the race which is the part you are talking about making? Lotta hard work for something that is worth a few dollars, Just trying to save ya old man all tha hassle, The size & taper on the race has to be spot on or it will also stuff the bearing, Im sure he could do a good job but its simply not worth the time trying to make something like that

Checkout this link, Note the races, Tapered bits>
Pit bike, Set steering bearings 44/22 plus 44/23.5mm | eBay

Buy a set of bearings (WITH THE RACES/TAPERED BITS) pop out the old top race in under 30 seconds & slide the new 1 in just the same
Gonna take about 1 hour at least to machine a new race?

Yeah I know a fellow here who does some graffiti for the schools and stuff, Seems rather stupid that he is around young kids giving them ideas but........Who runs the schools????
He is a real deekhead too & thinks he is a celebrity or something

yeh cheers dude i didnt think ya could buy the bearing with the race n that cheers =] and yeh most painters do have huuuge ego problems and i dont see why i paint coz i like p[ainting its that simple no fame game, but cheers for all the help through this dude no doubt ill have more drammas i need help with haha

having drammas fitting the clutch cable the actual wire is to long to fit n adjust properly i take it there longer on the yx160 motors? just gonna order a new cable ?

IMAG0441.jpg

hmmm major problem i just sat it together roughly and clearly the back end is way to low, i cant drop the forks any more they get thicker n wont fit through the top triple clamp so what im guessing a longer shock is in need ? or maybe could i run a 12" front wheel ?

just go a new bigger rear shock mate, heaps easier

You need to find out how long the current shock is (Bolt hole center to center) then get one about 10mm longer maybe

Any of the DNM, Fastace or GPX shocks work fine, Obviously or I should say usually the more you spend the better they are

Suspension | DHZ MINI MOTO

You need to find out how long the current shock is (Bolt hole center to center) then get one about 10mm longer maybe

Any of the DNM, Fastace or GPX shocks work fine, Obviously or I should say usually the more you spend the better they are

Suspension | DHZ MINI MOTO

cheers yeh ive found some nice fastace ones prices pretty reasonable,,, and only 10mm longer you reckon coz them forks cant be dropped any more ?

Last edited:
How long is the shock you have? 10mm difference at the shock is much more at the axle

Sit the bike up on a stand, Take your shock out then using a ruler or tape measure see how the swingarm sits with extra 10mm-20mm added to the shock distance

Also you have to be careful not to go too far with the height otherwise the chain will wear out the slider at the front of the swingarm then wear into your swingarm

How long is the shock you have? 10mm difference at the shock is much more at the axle

Sit the bike up on a stand, Take your shock out then using a ruler or tape measure see how the swingarm sits with extra 10mm-20mm added to the shock distance

Also you have to be careful not to go too far with the height otherwise the chain will wear out the slider at the front of the swingarm then wear into your swingarm

cheers again for all your help dude =]

my shock is 290mm i can only find 300mm shocks im worried ill buy it and it wont be big enough??

Did you measure where your swingarm would sit with a 300mm shock in there? Just hold a tape or ruler in the middle of the top & bottom holes where the shock goes, Sit it on some kind of stand then chock the wheel up to line up with 300mm distance between shock bolt holes

It might be just enough?

Did you measure where your swingarm would sit with a 300mm shock in there? Just hold a tape or ruler in the middle of the top & bottom holes where the shock goes, Sit it on some kind of stand then chock the wheel up to line up with 300mm distance between shock bolt holes

It might be just enough?
nah i just took measuremnt with shock in the bike but ill pull it out n chock it up to 30cm tomoz n see how i go ill chuck a pic up of the shock in it and the the 30cm chock

Latest posts

Back