bike cleaning

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean01

Legend Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
ok, i just got this sent to me by email. after i had a read of it i thought hey this never gets mentioned on miniriders..

now this is a pretty critical step in maintaining your bike....

anyways here ya go, have a read and take note of all the steps...
they are very important to a longer lasting bike....

please note...im not 1 to condone using a high pressure gerni to clean bikes or an air gun to blow them off because rather than blasting the crap and water off it tends to push it further in, so only use a low pressure gerni..(this is explained in the link too)

and i cant stress this enough....USE LOTS OF WD40...

also im not sure what section i should of posted this but here is...maybe it will inspire a MR member to do their own tutorial...

happy cleaning :)

How to clean your bike - ThumperTalk

Good read! Like how he calls it the "ENEMY"haha!

Nice to follow...hope my Bike will be that bit SHINIER following this guide!

Cheers for Posting ;)

That's a good right up,
but just to ensure that no water gets down the exhaust it should be plugged.
also a lot of people don't oil the chain after a good wash imperative if you want your chain to live its full life.
just as a finishing touch to my bikes a like to give the tires a spray with some tire shine.
nothing beats wheeling a shiney bike up to scrutineering. =)

hmmm......just thought of a clean shiny bike, i almost feel like washing my bike again for some reason even tho its clean

nothing beats that clean look just after you washed it, i always get that fuzzy feeling when its all wet and shiny!!!

Latest posts

Back