bike is NEARLLY starting.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beginnerMX

Reaction score
hey guys im back again lol, i played with carbie finally got it going yesturday was pretty happy took it around block made few adjustments with mixture screw and was great, today i go to gice it a start and back with the same issue i was facing... I kick it and it just about to start and the stops every kick i give it pretty much same thing like it fires but doesnt run.. what could be the issue here?? i checked cam timing on tdc its spot on, playing with idle screw and micture screw not seem to be helping.. has good spark, im thinking maybe it is the idle screw? as its about to start but doesnt maybe i have to turn it up or something? i no as i was turning the idle screw up and trying to kick it a little spray of fuel was spitting out of the carb where the air filter is when i gave it a kick any help will be appreciative i just wanna get this running so i can sell it !

P.S lifan 150cc with oko 26mm carb TOP cardboard type gasket is missing where the throttle cable goes does this matter? looks like no leaks i used D-mastic as a sealer.

Have you got any aero start or start ya bastard to spray into the carb, if it starts with this then you most prob have a fuel issue, also check your coil terminals are not loose fitting.

Last edited:
spot on mate, though im going to do them again tommorow and put fresh fuel in.

no start ya bastard just wd40 an engine degreaser lol

i would be checking the valve clearances as DHZ-XR8cing has suggested,
3 thou on the intake, 4 thou on the exhaust
it should help with the fuel spitting back at the filter.

what # pilot jet is fitted to the OKO, and how many turns out is the mixture screw?

starts 1st kick now just abit of smoke (maybe from new oil) and the bogging its ALWAYS that stalling issue if i crack the throttle real fast it stalls like takin in to much air or fuel. my mixture screw seems to do nothing unless i turn it all the way in then it stalls is screwing in to richen? and screw out the lean? iv got it on 1 turn out at the moment.

sounds like the Pilot circuit is lean,
get yourself a couple of Pilot jets, a #38 and a #40 try them out.

Also hitting WOT from idle with a low idle will cause this, try turning your idle up a bit and then try WOT, this will help determine if it is your tune or a very low idle, but you don't want your idle screaming.

i already have the next jet size bigger than stock in i think its 38/102? does the mixture screw affect bogging while riding? could have been cold but when i jumped on it today it was bogging through top end but then my mate had ago and said it was fine. im going to be giving it a nice ride saturday on my mates track ill see how it is..

Edit: smoky on idle and worse when reving it but fine when riding.

the pilot jet and mixture screws really only work from idle up to 1/4 throttle.

so it you give the throttle a blip, if it hesistates, then revs the pilot jet is too small.
you could try turning the mixture screw in a little, to see if it helps richen it

when you set the mixture screw, do you warm up the bike first.
turn the idle speed up to about 1800rpm, then adjust the mixture screw to the highest/smoothest revs?

also, what notch do you have the needle clip on?

needle c clips in the middle position, turn the mixture screw doesnt do anything iv noticed just stalls it if i screw it all tge way in, how do you tell where 1800rpm is without a rev gauge?

needle c clips in the middle position, turn the mixture screw doesnt do anything iv noticed just stalls it if i screw it all tge way in, how do you tell where 1800rpm is without a rev gauge?

higher than idle, as so if there is an improvement you will be able to notice it easier (more rpm raise/drop when a better air/fuel ratio is supplied)

turn the idle speed screw in about quarter of a turn.

when you riding at higher rpms, and you say it's bogging,
would you say it's making a deeper sort of note from the exhaust?
i would be fitting the standard #100 main jet back in, and also trying a #98, it sounds too rich in the top end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back