bike washing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
Hey all u miniriders I was just wondering how all of u wash your bikes and what works best I use water and degreeser and it didn't seam to do alot so if any of you guys have and good methods/ products please share thanks

i think i got a thread regarding this somewhere...

but anyways all i do is gerni the bike down to get the mass of crap off and then use the a 50/50 supercheap truck wash in a spray bottle and spray the crap out of the bike...
let it sit for maybe 5 minutes, but no longer as most truck wash has acid in it..

gerni again and everything is sparkling clean..

but do not aim the gerni at area's where there are bearings..ie: swingarm, hubs and head stem.. manually wipe them clean or just use standard hose pressure...
in fact this method actually works with standard hose pressure too..no gerni needed.. gerni just makes it faster..

i'd advise against using degreaser all over, just use it to spot clean..

I do as Sean described the only difference is I use Super cheap brand degreaser nd when I spray it on I use a hard bristle brush and scrub the hole bike over and I only use a hose and not a Gerni. Just because im povo.

i think i got a thread regarding this somewhere...

but anyways all i do is gerni the bike down to get the mass of crap off and then use the a 50/50 supercheap truck wash in a spray bottle and spray the crap out of the bike...
let it sit for maybe 5 minutes, but no longer as most truck wash has acid in it..

gerni again and everything is sparkling clean..

but do not aim the gerni at area's where there are bearings..ie: swingarm, hubs and head stem.. manually wipe them clean or just use standard hose pressure...
in fact this method actually works with standard hose pressure too..no gerni needed.. gerni just makes it faster..

i'd advise against using degreaser all over, just use it to spot clean..

I have found the best thing in the world which is 1000 times better than CT 10 truck wash and won't wreck anodised parts.

Welcome to XTream Clean

I could not reccommend this enough to anyone. Exact same process as Sean described. This stuff is 100% safe on all anodised parts and won't wear grease away. Awesome stuff and it's cheap. Only cost me $30 for 2 litres and you use 30ml each time.

Ok I'll give the truck wash a go and dhz dnt worry I only have a gerni coz I got it givein to me

Read above. lol

Truck wash WILL eventually cause platics/sticker kits/anodised parts to loose their shine and fade.

best way to save bearings & bushes etc, is to wash as little as possible & when you do just a hose & brush... high pressure is death for bikes

I have been told that high pressure pushes dirt past seals and into bearings and blows the grease out.

Ok I normally blast my engine down and just use the the lowest pressure setting for everything else I'll have a look at this xtreme cleen and I normally re grease all bearings after 3-4 washes

I have been told that high pressure pushes dirt past seals and into bearings and blows the grease out.

This is why you don't put the pressure cleaner real close to things like linkage etc. It will blow the grease out. Just stand back a couple of metres.

Ok I normally blast my engine down and just use the the lowest pressure setting for everything else I'll have a look at this xtreme cleen and I normally re grease all bearings after 3-4 washes

You will love it mate. Worth every cent.

I have found the best thing in the world which is 1000 times better than CT 10 truck wash and won't wreck anodised parts.

Welcome to XTream Clean

I could not reccommend this enough to anyone. Exact same process as Sean described. This stuff is 100% safe on all anodised parts and won't wear grease away. Awesome stuff and it's cheap. Only cost me $30 for 2 litres and you use 30ml each time.

ill have to try that stuff out, but the stuff i use isnt ct 10 truck wash. its the strongest supercheap brand one...

i dont need to scrub anything, spray it on wash it off.. anodized save too (providing you dont leave it on for ages)

50/50 is the mix i use but you can mix it how you like obviously...

another thing i do is use spray grease and spray it around all my axles and seals.. when it goes hard the gerni or hose wont budge it.. wipe off and reapply every couple of washes..

ill have to try that stuff out, but the stuff i use isnt ct 10 truck wash. its the strongest supercheap brand one...

i dont need to scrub anything, spray it on wash it off.. anodized save too (providing you dont leave it on for ages)

50/50 is the mix i use but you can mix it how you like obviously...

another thing i do is use spray grease and spray it around all my axles and seals.. when it goes hard the gerni or hose wont budge it.. wipe off and reapply every couple of washes..

Yeah you will love it Sean. You can leave it on for as long as you want. The longer the better. Eat's all the mud away and actually shines everything up. Plastics/anodised parts. The lot.

I go 30ml or so in a 500ml bottle of this stuff.

best way to save bearings & bushes etc, is to wash as little as possible & when you do just a hose & brush... high pressure is death for bikes

Yeah I'm not washin mine much ...never have ... Durant hates it so I usually wash it before we work on it .... and at border crossings ... I got turned around at the WA border for a dirty 88 ... no kidding I had to turn around ,camp and wash it the next morning before they'd let me in .... I'm like " but Hillz lives here ? " ...it didn't matter, you would of thought she didn't even know who Hillz was ... as if ... EVERYONE in WA knows Hillz and his dirty 88.:p

if you are useing the right bearings your wheel bearings will be fine with preasure wash
head stem you just steer clear of.

truck wash hasn't got alot of acid in it but it is about 60% salt and we all know what salt does to things.

a gerni and some elbow grease is the go

if you are useing the right bearings your wheel bearings will be fine with preasure wash
head stem you just steer clear of.

truck wash hasn't got alot of acid in it but it is about 60% salt and we all know what salt does to things.

a gerni and some elbow grease is the go

Those that use the Xtreme clean never go back to elbow grease.

I spray it on after leaving the track/bush and by the time I go to wash it off when I get home it all falls off. Don't even need a pressure washer. ;)

I'll give both of them a go and see what is better I just wanna know how some of these guys get there bikes so clean they look brand new everytime and when there finished riding they are filthy mmmmmm

everytime im done with my bike when i get home i take it to the car wash stand back give her a hp spray then get the foaming scrubby brush and make it all soapy then just wait a min then blast it again

Gerni, degreaser, leave forfew minutes, gerni. Start the bike up so it vibrates/drys water. And then spray the bike down with wd40.

Latest posts

Back