Bike wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wassaby

Reaction score
I have a tdr imported 125cc and it has a lifan motor in it. I have changed the spark plug with a new one and it is getting spark. Took fuel line off where it goes into carb and is getting fuel. Still nothing. I do have a kill switch and a ignition switch.

Will any of these switchs stop the bike from starting even know i have spark?\

Any help woudl be greatful.

have you checked to see if the carb is clean? no dirt or water? and check the jets

Could it be anything to do with Jill switch or does that kill the spark

most likely something with the carby, pull it apart and give it a good clean, including jets and needles. It could be as simple as a stuck float.

dissconnect your kill switch and if that doesnt fix it start with the simple things etc decent spark plug and good connections . ive never had a problem and i use ngk plugs they seem to do the job well

Take ya air filter off.
Spray some start ya bastard down the carbie as you kick it.
If it fires and stops then its carbie.
If it dont fire at all its more than likely electrical

even though your plug sparks, doesnt mean it cant be a plug, hold the plug on the engine and position it so you can look down into the plug(inside the plug) and push the kicker as if trying to start it, if you can see spark inside the plug and not on the electrode(the end of the plug) then good chance is it is buggered.

follow the sparkplug wire back to coil, unbolt the coil bracket from the frame, check if the frame is painted, if it is, sand back to the bare metal and bolt your coil back on! This will earth your bike and you should have a good spark!!

Ok so i sprayed start ya bustard in the air intake while kick starting and she started for a bit. So i pulled the carby off and OMG. The fuel was green and had white **** everywhere, i have pics but dont know how to post. So i gave it a good clean and everything put it back on and she started first go. Only thing now is that ir revs to high and sorta back fires a littel. does any one know how i adjust it on the carby i know where two adjustment screws are but no idea which does what. One is on the bottem and one is on the right hand side. Any help on this matter??

plus i think it is a cy18 mikuni carby

when you put the top of the carby and cslide in, was the carby slide put back in facing the right way?
look into the top of the carby with the slide fitted.
one side will have just a small pin in it,
the other will have a screws point sitting in.
with the slide, the thin slot on one side of it sits on the pin side
and the idle screw notch on the other side of the slide, needs to be on the same side as the idle screw

Last edited:
The adjustor screw on the right hand side is the idle screw, and the one on the bottom is the air mixture screw, if you adjust the mixture screw in all the way, then turn it anti clockwise, anywere from 1.5 turns to 2 turns(2 turns being 720 degrees) it should be good enough to start with. If the carby was a real mess when you pulled the bowl off then that might still be your prob even after cleaning it, its what in the casting of the carby that you cant see to clean, if the prob continues, i would highly reccomend purchasing a new carby, for the price its not worth percervering with to much, just my opinion anyway mate.

so what carby will fit on the lifan 125cc and how do i tell what carby is on it i know it is a mikuni

Latest posts

Back