Bilcos LXR!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilco512

Reaction score
As most of you know I have turned to the dark side and bought a china

And let me just say its absolutely worth it!
The Lxr goes like a dream, to be it feels like a big bike with 12' 14' wheels!

Mod plans for the future are some Pro Tapers and to fix up the throttle cable setup
and the Pro Circut exhaust system as well

can anyone suggest any other mods i should be considering?

heres a few photos!

70866D7E-BAB5-491F-898D-A0718BB45527-960-0000023ABBACE9DD.jpg

154F2B00-9FF4-4025-B5A2-24E9CA38E18D-960-0000023AF062AA4E.jpg

FD1E870A-69CF-4F7B-A040-FDC0ABBB2FD2-960-0000023AF9042F58.jpg

thanks for looking!

glad your happy with it, most Chinese bikes don't feel like that unfortunately unless you pay that extra amount and get something like an lxr or similar. All I can say is that im jealous.

glad your happy with it, most Chinese bikes don't feel like that unfortunately unless you pay that extra amount and get something like an lxr or similar. All I can say is that im jealous.

thanks mate! you will have to come over for a ride one day, im getting the track sorted in the next few weeks!

Now didn't I tell you Bilco!!! haha ;)

Looks good mate. V2 head and 184 kit plus a new carb and exhaust and your set.

i dont mind the engine actually! and the carb isnt too bad either,
but if i was to get a carb, what one would you suggest?

Man wait till you try the 184 with V2. It's awesome.

Go an OKO 26mm or Kehnin.

cool thanks mate

im gonna do the valve clearances tonight, but what should i set them too?
to be honest i cant even identify what engine im running haha :/

0.004 for exhaust valve and 0.003 for inlet valve
your motor is the 155z

great bike the lxrs, love mine, just brought marzocchi forks as and upgrade from the standard gold forks

v2 is a great upgrade was awesome afterwards but 184 + v2 and a PWK28 is by far the best motor i've had! 160ho bottom end

if its got the standard molket 24mm carby, get rid of it and get a kelien or OKO carby, for a stock 160 proberly a 26mm.

things i always check is oil regularly (they do use alot of oil) i check it afew times in a day riding, even more when racing proberly once a race.
check the linkage
check the chain, flicks off and do alot of damage
set the suspention height to what ever track you're riding, like tight track have afew of the bars past the top clamp, if its a long wide corner high speed track have it at the red bit or 1 bar above the top clamp for the forks.
and sprockets if you want to do that, 13 for really tight tracks and 16/17 for really long fast tracks then all the tracks in between is like 14/15.
always check the rear sprocket, they didn't do a good job of the sprocket to hub size.
the sprocket hole is abit bigger then the hub whole so it rocks around and comes loose very quickly. I put a bolt though the hub with a nut on the end with high strength loctite. (even medium strength would come loose on me)

i also clean the carby before and after every ride to prevent dirt or water some how getting in and wrecking abit of my day riding

Last edited:
0.004 for exhaust valve and 0.003 for inlet valve
your motor is the 155z

great bike the lxrs, love mine, just brought marzocchi forks as and upgrade from the standard gold forks

v2 is a great upgrade was awesome afterwards but 184 + v2 and a PWK28 is by far the best motor i've had! 160ho bottom end

if its got the standard molket 24mm carby, get rid of it and get a kelien or OKO carby, for a stock 160 proberly a 26mm.

things i always check is oil regularly (they do use alot of oil) i check it afew times in a day riding, even more when racing proberly once a race.
check the linkage
check the chain, flicks off and do alot of damage
set the suspention height to what ever track you're riding, like tight track have afew of the bars past the top clamp, if its a long wide corner high speed track have it at the red bit or 1 bar above the top clamp for the forks.
and sprockets if you want to do that, 13 for really tight tracks and 16/17 for really long fast tracks then all the tracks in between is like 14/15.
always check the rear sprocket, they didn't do a good job of the sprocket to hub size.
the sprocket hole is abit bigger then the hub whole so it rocks around and comes loose very quickly. I put a bolt though the hub with a nut on the end with high strength loctite. (even medium strength would come loose on me)

i also clean the carby before and after every ride to prevent dirt or water some how getting in and wrecking abit of my day riding

Wow! Thanks heaps for that mate!
I'll use that advice a lot! +1 reps to you ledge!

I think he knows your bike a lot beter then you do lol.

Man wait till you try the 184 with V2. It's awesome.

Go an OKO 26mm or Kehnin.
that would be nice or you could get a daytona 190, it would be more reliable and probably just as fast if not faster.

no problem bilco glad i could help.
just noticed you have the stock pitster bars, there not fantastic in a crash
the protaper klx110 or even the xr50 ones are a good upgrade, i use the TAG mini bend bars and i really like them, much easier to ride
2c886fa7.jpg

1670875d.jpg

thats the silver TAG mini bend bars next to normal tag bars that i had standard on my LXR

pretty sure sures the same as the yx160 so should be 900ml, think the 160ho is 700ml? the dipstick as a thing to say how much oil is in it, easier way of telling

Latest posts

Back