billyxxx crf50 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyxxx

Reaction score
hi guys today i went and brought a 05 crf 50 off an old guy who had it for his grand kids, so happy with it i think i got a bargain i paid $1000, for it in pretty good condition.

so my plan is to race this in the stocker class, but its gonna be a slow build unfortunetly so hopfully may get a few races in this year . would like some input as to what mods to do and whats more important then others and where to buy them from, anyway heres some pictures thanx guys
[/URL[URL=http://img208.imageshack.us/i/small1l.jpg/] [/URL[URL=http://img42.imageshack.us/i/smallrn.jpg/]

well i dont know a huge amount crf50s but...

from wat i have you heard get a uni airfilter,

bigger and better exhaust pipe

um strengthen the frame?

suspension

yea gonna get a bar kit 1st, the get frame and suspension sorted just not sure on what to do with both of them ? or where to buy from

when I very first came on the forum, I saw a lot of people going on about crf50's.. Made me wonder what is so good about them..

first I thought the frame, but people strengthen and upgrade them to sano, billetware and stuff, so it can't be that..

The suspension seems to get upgraded straight away aswell.. Can't be that.

The motor seems to get bored out to a 88cc most of the time so that can't be it..

I dunno what it is that people love about crf50's..

must just be the motor cases, because most of the time that's the only original honda thing on the bike when they are done.. .

nice bike by the way

Looks good man!

What State do you live in?

Heres a List of ALLOWED MODS for a Stocker by Rusty Promotions:

~ Stock Engine
~ No back dating head
(CRF50 must run CRF50 Head)
~ No high top pistons back dating
~ No close ration gear box
~ Stock frame can be strengthened Not lengthened
~ Stock swing arm
~ Drum brakes only modifications allowed
~ Cam and cam timings adjustments allowed
~ Complete engine and carb must
remain stock
~ Uni filter allowed
~ No porting/ grinding allowed replacement allowed
~ Heavy duty fork springs and rear shock allowed
~ Chromoly + 1 inch fork legs allowed
~ Heavy Duty Pemount/Pegs allowed
~ Cosmetic modifications allowed
~ Pipe sprockets and filter replacement allowed
~ Front and Rear Rim must be 10inch

If I were you I would first sort out the Controls and Suspension.

Depending on your BUDGET I would get a +1 Fork Leg Kit, Bar Kit, New Shock OR Heavy Duty Spring, Heavy Duty Pemount and Pegs should get you going well and a High Seat for extra comfort...then go from there!

ALL Parts can be Bought from Eastcoast Powersports and Chilli 50s The Home of Mini Bike Performance and eBay if you search around.

Hope that Helps mate, let us know how you go ;)

Last edited:
how big seat height are the crf50's anyway

when I very first came on the forum, I saw a lot of people going on about crf50's.. Made me wonder what is so good about them..

first I thought the frame, but people strengthen and upgrade them to sano, billetware and stuff, so it can't be that..

The motor seems to get bored out to a 88cc most of the time so that can't be it..

must just be the motor cases, because most of the time that's the only original honda thing on the bike when they are done.. .

nice bike by the way

A lot of people are going on about them because they are a True Minibike! I own one and couldnt be happier :)

The Mods you Listed are NOT ALLOWED in Stock Class...Billy wants to race his CRF50 in Stock Class.

I love my CRF because I know it will last a lot longer than any other China Copy plus they are so easy to look after.

I guess its just a thing...without owning one its hard to understand?!

how big seat height are the crf50's anyway

A STOCK CRF50 Seat Height measures out to be 550mm. With a High Seat you can get about another 10m or so? I can let you know tomorrow if you really want to know the height haha!

yeah just curious how short you guys are cos im short and my atomik 125cc is to small for me how do you ride those tiny thing lol

yeah just curious how short you guys are cos im short and my atomik 125cc is to small for me how do you ride those tiny thing lol

Haha well Im short :( haha but you have to remember that they are called MiniBikes for a reason! There suppose to feel small!

Im heaps Comfy on my CRF...ride one around for a little bit and you get use to it...well at least I did. Plus I know guys who are taller who ride CRFs and they dont complain! Just a thing you either like the size or you dont :D haha

thanx for the info tommy_38, im in qld btw . the reason i got crf is it a japan bike i had a chinese and it was pretty week feeling so thats why i got this , anyway cheers guys

o and is it cheaper to get the frame strengthened or buy a new one ?

nice bike by the way

dude your a fool! find me any china with 10" wheels a cradle swing arm and the small seat height of a crf, people buy crfs because thats what riding a 50 is! my crf50, has the suspesnion upgraded and the frame strengthened. it is still only 2" higher then the stock crf50.

the simple answer is I ride a crf50 because its the original mini, and I dont want to ride a mini that it more like a big bike, eg pitster etc,

the whole point of riding minis is to have fun on a kids bike, im 182cm tall and 100kg the bigger you are and the smaller the bike the more fun you will have

Latest posts

Back