bogging? dhz 140 outlaw

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perthrider

Reaction score
I know this is probably already discussed, but its driving me crazy! When the bike is idling nicely in neutral, and you open the throttle quickly from dead idle, it will bog down and usually die. This does not apply when im riding though, or when i rasie the revs a bit and then open it up, so im guessing it has to do with the mixture screw or something? It also doesn't bog as much when the choke is half on, so am i running lean? if this is any help, its a 30mm 'mikuni' from dhz. Any help would be appreciated! :)

In my opinion (I don't know a lot though) I thought 30mm would have been a bit big and an oko 26mm would have been more suited, but anyway, what are you jet sizes and what notch have you got the needle clip on?

haha yeah ive got that before :), and yes i know its wayyy to big, but im just going to have to make do with it for now. If it runs better with the choke half on then it must be able to run better than it is atm.

hi isaac, i dont know the jet sizes (unmarked) but the needle clip is on the richest setting possible (bottom notch) and it doesnt like it any leaner.

why do you wanna snap the throttle open quickly when you not moving ?

When you tune a bike its all about how clean and strong and responsive the bike pulls through the rev range while in gear.

I made the mistake of tuning out the bog on mine while in neutral and opening her up quick i was successful in doing it by going up a few jet sizes on the pilot and needle on richest setting but it made the bike sluggish and splutter when you rode it ...

All in all ive gone back to a leaner pilot and needle setting and yeah its boggy if u wanna attempt to snap it wide open from idle in neutral but it rides awesome so i dont care .... honestly unless u run a fcr pumper carb or something alike which is extremely expensive you wont get the best of both worlds !

lol, china grade 30mm mikuni isn't 30mm there 26mm so perfect size for the engine...

if the bike runs fine while riding it leave it alone lol..

the old saying... dont try and fix something that isn't broken

lol, china grade 30mm mikuni isn't 30mm there 26mm so perfect size for the engine...

if the bike runs fine while riding it leave it alone lol..

the old saying... dont try and fix something that isn't broken

Exactly ^^

Ok thanks guys, new to this and seen so many vids on youtube of perfect running bikes i thought something was up, also thanks nick didnt realize that there was a balance, bike pulls strong through gears so i guess alls good :)

Ok thanks guys, new to this and seen so many vids on youtube of perfect running bikes i thought something was up, also thanks nick didnt realize that there was a balance, bike pulls strong through gears so i guess alls good :)

Thats alright mate .

ive watched all the youtube videos as well lol

You will find most of the videos of people revving in neutral are not opening the throttle fully there doing a quick 1/4 turn blip or rolling it on a bit more but not really really fast more of a smooth rolling motion .... which you will find yours will do pretty flawlessly as well.

i had the same problem with my mikuni 30mm on my lifan 150cc and i changed my jets to a 105 main jet and a 15 slow jet and with a little bit of tuning the bogging is all gone

it goes pretty well, plenty of power and ive taken it through trails and everything and its holding up very well indeed, only new to these small bikes tho and im quite happy with it

Latest posts

Back