Boingk's SDB Enduro Pro 250cc (Aircooled)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally i think my pit pro is much better quality then the sdb. The linkage on my bike is nearly twice as thick then the sdb and the suspension is a lot smoother.

Pit pro 250sxr.
Now this is only my opinion having both bikes side by side. Although my bike has been fully rebuilt including the forks and rear shock rebuilt with new oil.

ahh i see. well i'll have a look at the pitpro. now , back to the thread!!, do you know what the valve clearence your supposed to run on these bikes?

ahh i see. well i'll have a look at the pitpro. now , back to the thread!!, do you know what the valve clearence your supposed to run on these bikes?

Linkages seemed fine when connecting them up. I'd suspect the forks as being more troublesome than the linkages.

Valve clearances are stated in the manual as being 0.05mm for inlet and 0.08mm for exhaust. Standard stuff.

- boingk

hmm, so r they different then the blitz's? i mean are they very shakiy? rattly? sorry for all the questions, Lol

hmm, so r they different then the blitz's? i mean are they very shakiy? rattly? sorry for all the questions, Lol

You're right mate, if you're looking at buying one then the only question you don't ask will be the one you regret!

Yeah theres rattling going on but to be honest the ride isn't terrible from the rear end, the front however could use some help.

I'm actually thinking of selling this bike (good as it is after some fiddling) as a mate has offered me a vintage Suzuki TS185 in good nick.

Cheers - boingk

noooooo keep it mate, but if you decide to sell it, i'll consider it :p, where about in nsw r u?

I probably should but I've always liked the TS's and he could probably use the help. Plus I figure someone getting one of these set up in good nick isn't the worst thing either.

PM sent.

- boingk

yeh the TS's arnt too bad. good for a little farm bike. but selling it straight away?? i'd keep it, get some fun out of it and then sell it.

Yeah exactly... plus had a squiz at the ts after work and its not in as good nick as the guy said. Didn't let him know that but hell, suddenly I'm not particularly interested.

Heading out Sunday with mates, should be a hoot. I'll update as needed.

- boingk

Went out today with mates and had a blast. The engine has smoothed out a bit and has good power now its fully broken in, running well on 20W-50 and 95 octane. Next items of business are modifying the muffler and intake to try and tweak a bit more power out.

Frame is holding up well, shocks are okay and the brakes are still excellent.

All in all the SDB is going along well with 3 hours elapsed.

- boingk

good to hear dude. whats the exhaust system like? if your gonna attack your inlet with a dremel, then you might aswell do your zorst. also how does it sound?

Hey there, I wouldn't do head work on these if you paid me. The intake is fine and the exhaust is close but needs the restrictor / spark arrestor removed to breathe properly. It sounds good at the moment but is still fairly quiet. The spark arrestor is obvious if you look into the end of the exhaust.

The airbox is a long way from perfect and may benefit from being replaced with a large filter pod. The stock carby is alright but I think an OKO 28mm would make for much better topend while still giving good usability.

- boingk

Last edited:
good to hear dude. whats the exhaust system like? if your gonna attack your inlet with a dremel, then you might aswell do your zorst. also how does it sound?

yer its ok i'd really like to modify a 1990'd rm125 exhaust system to fit it on make it sound abit better and go a bit better aswell i have thought about porting it and im not gonna do it cause its just an old bike nothing special

Hey there, I wouldn't do head work on these if you paid me. The intake is fine and the exhaust is close but needs the restrictor / spark arrestor removed to breathe properly. It sounds good at the moment but is still fairly quiet. The spark arrestor is obvious if you look into the end of the exhaust.

The airbox is a long way from perfect and may benefit from being replaced with a large filter pod. The stock carby is alright but I think an OKO 28mm would make for much better topend while still giving good usability.

- boingk

so the OKO 28mm carby fit onto the standard carb boot on the head ? cause ive been looking for another carby

so the OKO 28mm carby fit onto the standard carb boot on the head ? cause ive been looking for another carby

im pretty sure the OKO's come with a rubber adapter to bolt on to your manifold anyway. plus if the one you get doesnt pit, DHZ sell a variety of sizes.

Suzuki TS 185's used a VM26 I believe. A good standard carby for around 15 to 20 usable horsepower.

Meanwhile, here are a few happy snaps from Wednesday:

1185253_10202076569499934_1226655718_n.jpg

1240648_10202076582660263_1004508679_n.jpg

1174866_10202076569219927_754415224_n.jpg

Vainly trying to stay ahead of my mate on a very hot CRF250R:

1005817_10202076584780316_861126807_n.jpg

I had him in the corners but he blew past me on the straights pretty easy - mind you if I don't have to rebuild the bike come 20 hours I'll be having the last laugh!

Good fun, no more breakages either. The oil change from 1.5 hours running time looked fairly dirty and had a bit of metal sheen in it as well from the break-in process. She now has 3 hours running time and is going strong. Excuse the helmetless photos!

One thing I have noticed is that you will experience heatsoak if running high throttle loads around a tight track such as the one myself and mates are making. This isn't a problem but you want to make sure you don't overdo it - try and get a low throttle lap or two in before you shut her down or you might overheat the engine and damage something.

Cheers - boingk

Last edited:
yer its ok i'd really like to modify a 1990'd rm125 exhaust system to fit it on make it sound abit better and go a bit better aswell i have thought about porting it and im not gonna do it cause its just an old bike nothing special
i just purchased a 94 model today :)

Latest posts

Back