Bottom end failure.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Worked on this yx150 that had a funny noise and feel when kickstarting it. Opened it up to find why it was running crook. Clutch removed and one of the kicker gears and all looks not okay.
20130212_153856_zps27766309.jpg

The end of the sprocket gear set had sheared itself off.
20130212_153917_zpsc34e24a4.jpg

And the spindle bearing had tried ejecting out the case knocking the bearing retainer off the case.
20130212_154200_zpsc1e0d81d.jpg

And on the this pic you will also notice the gearset had started to eat away at the casing just above the kickstart shaft.
20130212_153917_zpsc34e24a4.jpg

This could have happened from a few things, metal failure, gearbox failure, to tight a chain when jumping, in the end its a new bottom end job, i put it down to cheap chinese metal fatigue, they buy our good gear and sell us the ****.

Last edited:
my spare lifan 150 IP56FMJ is exactly the same, the r/h case has cracked at the outside retainer lip of the bearing.

It'll buff out :p
Araldite mate lol

my spare lifan 150 IP56FMJ is exactly the same, the r/h case has cracked at the outside retainer lip of the bearing.

Yeah its quite common Craig, def not the first I have seen and doubt the last. A few of the spindle bearings were split in half as in cut straight down the centre as opposed to breaking in half, I have not seen that before haha.

It was a yx150 klx style mate, quite unusual to see this. The motor would be lucky to have seen 20 hrs of not to hard riding. The customer opted for a new engine.

Latest posts

Back