Bought 2 Nd hand dhz. Few questions!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck getting 1c of your money back then. sorry to be blunt, but i highly doubt you'll get anything back , from a pawn shop. they are out to make a buck, and thats where it stops. remember, the customer is always right when they are making a purchase, but is always wrong when making a complaint.

Ah well. :) I'm still pretty happy with it. Just took it for a ride and I don't think I want anymore power than what it's got haha!! Any 4 stroke oil will be fine in it right? So long as it's good quality

Ah well. :) I'm still pretty happy with it. Just took it for a ride and I don't think I want anymore power than what it's got haha!! Any 4 stroke oil will be fine in it right? So long as it's good quality
It must be motorcycle oil.. yeah any motorcycle oil
i stick with a decent one just because i can (actually bought 10 ltrs)works out to be cheaper i stay with somthing like motul
Has to be motorcycle engine oil because it has a wet clutch, therefor the friction modifiers in car oil makes it slip and overheats every thing

yeah, make sure its non-synthetic 10-40w oil. clutches dont like the friction modifiers, bad for plates, making it slip out of gear easily. mineral oil is very cheap too, dont have to worry about cost :)

i would seriously try and use non synthetic mineral oil. i have used semi synthetic on my 125, and the clutch did not like it o ne bit. although now i have put mineral oil in, its all happy, the gbox seems tighter and smoother now...

i thought all Bike shops would keep it, Supercheap even sell it.

power1_1_10w40%20semi-900x900.jpg

Damn just spent 40 bucks on the wrong oil. Guy said it's be fine

what oil is it ?
and where did you buy it ?
it might be ok still..
a few of the members here run semi sythetic

Look on the cylinder if its not got tb stamped on it is just stock i would go stright to the shop and demand at least 250 cash back
so u can but a tb64 mm kit and make it at least 177 that just not rite

If you have the receipt i would take it back and get some 10-40w or 15-40w

ok***8230; what will happen if I put in 10w-50 semi???

well, being semi-synthetic, it would put extra wear on your clutch, as the oil has synthetic fibres, also known as friction mofifiers. the weight (w) of the oil would be ok, 10-50, 10-40 will be fine.

well, being semi-synthetic, it would put extra wear on your clutch, as the oil has synthetic fibres, also known as friction mofifiers. the weight (w) of the oil would be ok, 10-50, 10-40 will be fine.

so basically it's just a cheaper brand of oil? I thought that synthetic oil was top of the line haha

so basically it's just a cheaper brand of oil? I thought that synthetic oil was top of the line haha

yeah, ur right, synthetic oil is top of the line, but its just the synthetic fibres that slowly wear down clutches. synthetic oil, having synthetic fibres, with be alot more "slippery" and will circulate your engine alot quicker, keeping everything lubricated. it also does not "stick" to your engines internals. but think about it. your not going to run 50 dollar oil in a cheap little pitbike engine, nah, u save that for the Aston DB9 you got sitting out back! ;)

Bottom line is, mineral non-synthetic oil will be fine in your bike :)

yeah, ur right, synthetic oil is top of the line, but its just the synthetic fibres that slowly wear down clutches. synthetic oil, having synthetic fibres, with be alot more "slippery" and will circulate your engine alot quicker, keeping everything lubricated. it also does not "stick" to your engines internals. but think about it. your not going to run 50 dollar oil in a cheap little pitbike engine, nah, u save that for the Aston DB9 you got sitting out back! ;)

Bottom line is, mineral non-synthetic oil will be fine in your bike :)

ok sweet :) but taking it for a ride with that oil I have in it will be okay??

yeh it should be ok, just make sure for your next oil change you run some non-synthetic oil, just dont leave it too long for an oil change :)

Being aa 2nd hand bike, you've checked your valves ?

Latest posts

Back