Braap Fuel switch have a read

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonP

Reaction score
Hey guys had my first ride on the 09' Braaap Maestro 150cc today running her in but got a question. When i was in the shop the guy told me that to turn the petrol on you needed to turn the handel from pointing down to pointing sideways and that reserve was pointing straight up. well when i went to start my bike i pointed it sideways and it didnt want to start. thinkin i had flooded it i pointed it back down and gave it a few kicks to get rid of the excess fuel but she started straight up. i turned the handle sideways again and took off just down the road she stalled so i pointed it down again and started it then pointed it sideways again and went but it stalled again this happened a few times then i just left it pointing down and rode all the way home up the road and back and never stalled it??? so did he tell me bullshit or what? please reply with what way you turn ur fuel handle on ur Braaaps?
Thanks - Jason

lol my bikes a honda cr125r but side ways means that petrol is on and top ways means petrol is off also somtimes when im at the track and turn fuel off i forget to put back on it stalls after a min so i got no idea even with my old little bike 125cc atomik Notrious

not trying to shut u down but cr125r's are nothing like a braaap is there anyone else that actually has braaap ?

I don't have a Maestro but I have a Pro 140 and straight down is on, on my carby. Sideways is off and straight up is reserve. Hope that helps

ever tried looking at the tap and seeing whether it has ON/OFF written on it? and:rolleyes: an arrow???

:eek: like all fuel taps have:eek:

or just use your head and if it runs when set one way, and not the other....go figure:rolleyes:

ever tried looking at the tap and seeing whether it has ON/OFF written on it? and:rolleyes: an arrow???

:eek: like all fuel taps have:eek:

or just use your head and if it runs when set one way, and not the other....go figure:rolleyes:

x2, on, off and reserve on most the ones iv seen.. some have 'run' instead of on.

```

why don't you just pull the line off your carby? if you turn it down and fuel comes out that's on, turn it sideways and fuel stops that's off..... very simple stuff really

^^^^cus its a 4grand bike, you dont just pull the fuel line off and experiment:eek: you do what they tell you in the shop....

:p:p:p

am starting to wonder why there are so many pit bikes busted in the shed australia over... ;)

Thanks for the helpful replies. There is no arrows on it and i dont want to take the fuel line off because its in a fairly tight spot and need to take the plastics of ill strick with down as on

well, other than taking the fuel line off, theres also undoing the drain screw on the carbie;)

but down is on, sideways is off, and reserve is up... 90% of the time....

my genuine thumpy is the exact same as wat headsmess sed..

down=on
side=off
up=reserve

braap is a great shop and they sell some quality gear but the main problem is that they hire to many 14 year old school kids who don't have a clue what they're on about but they work there because its "cool". My advice would be when you're in there talk to the older blokes who have more experience and you should have no dramas.
As for your problem, if the bike runs fine on one setting but runs out of fuel on the other which one would you use? :eek:

well i ride around side ways cause i'm fully mad

and keep my fuel taps sideways and every now and then (like every 30 secs) i turn the fuel tap down to let some fuel in this save fuel and makes me go fully sideways all the time

gee one day we all might get some common sense

braap is a great shop and they sell some quality gear but the main problem is that they hire to many 14 year old school kids who don't have a clue what they're on about but they work there because its "cool". My advice would be when you're in there talk to the older blokes who have more experience and you should have no dramas.
As for your problem, if the bike runs fine on one setting but runs out of fuel on the other which one would you use? :eek:

This is so f#$king true it's not funny. I am only shopping there for genuine parts only now, anything else I can get somewhere else I will. They also seem to be more interested in talking amongst themselves than helping customers. They lost atleast a $200 sale today, I went in for Pro Taper Bars, Grips, Grip glue and sticker kit as well as a genuine Braap part I needed and I had to wait for 1 of the 5 sales people their to stop serving their customer (while the other chatted on the phone or to each other) so he could go get a part that anyone else could of got.

Well im sure the fuel line is down to be on but got a massive problem!> just went for a little ride maybe 5 mins max cause it was dark and when i turned my bike off i looked down and my pipe was glowing aboslutly red !like redder than coals in a fire. this got me really alarmed so i jumped straight on here and started looking for anyother threads regarding this issue. im ringing braaap tomorrow !!

Latest posts

Back