Brake Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUKE123

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Im having a problem with my rear brakes at the moment. My brakes just stoped working about a week ago so i started bleeding them and had no improvement at all, i than went and brought a complete new brake set up, bolted it on and they worked perfectly. The new brakes had a rubber brake line so i swaped it over with the old braided one (i think this is my mistake, they must some how be pressured or something) i than found by self back to square one with the brakes not working at all i than bled them again and got little improvement. I dont know what to do now. ive spent a good part of four hours on them. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks luke.

The brake caliper has to be higher than the master cylinder to bleed them usually. there is heaps written on this. Try the search function

thanks mate, i know how to bleed the brakes, ive used the search function but havnt found what im after. the brakes were working fine untill i changed the brake lines over. im just not sure if they are pressured from factory and if i need to get a new brake line or something like that

pressured from factory? not sure what you mean by that. The system should be free of all air. Once you took your brake line off you let air into the system. now you need to bleed the air out. Air travels upwards so its easiest to mount the caliper above the master cylinder and bleed it that way

Latest posts

Back