Brand New Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaac133

Reaction score
hey guys, am new to mini riders and just have a few questions

I have just bought a atomik nitrous 150cc yx off ebay and am waiting for it to arrive and I have read several post about how to run in the motor (changing the stock oil etc etc) and to tighten everything when I first get it but I was wandering if there are any other important thing i should do or any parts I should buy to improve the ride quality of my new bike.

thanks in advance guys!

Thanks mate! Can't wait to get it and get stuck into it!

got a message just before saying the bike has been sent, and i just ordered some protaper grips off ebay and when i get paid this week i will order protaper bars to go with them for sure, then im thinking about getting a 26mm OKO flatty and a 1/4 throttle, good idea?

then im thinking about getting a 26mm OKO flatty and a 1/4 throttle, good idea?

Yep, definately a good idea. However my first step would be new forks, i reckon there the worst thing on the bike (but also the most expensive) but depends on how your gonna ride it.

got a message just before saying the bike has been sent, and i just ordered some protaper grips off ebay and when i get paid this week i will order protaper bars to go with them for sure, then im thinking about getting a 26mm OKO flatty and a 1/4 throttle, good idea?

Id say just ride it and run it in first before you change the carb to an oko 26.

Also dont expect the oko upgrade to be bolt on and instant performance you need to know how to tune these things Jetting -pilot and main jet + needle height and mixture screw adjustments and they can be a little tricky but once its dialed they are rewarding non the less . As for a 1/4 turn i thought the nitrous came with one standard ? the dhz dpro 160 does ?? sucks if they dont !

One other thing if you do use a quarter turn on an oko flatty setup id say you will have to modify (shorten) the outer cable on your throttle cable to get enough reach from the inner cable to close the slide in the carb all the way otherwise you'll start it and get a surprise when it starts revving its tits off . So make sure you check your cable length !

Heres a good Oko tunning guide : http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/23986-those-about-rock-buying-oko-flatslides.html

Also a thread on cable mod for and oko if needed http://www.miniriders.com/chinese-minis/27693-cable-dramas-1-4-turn-throttle.html

They are only guides to help you so gain a bit of knowledge and start playing !

Enjoy

Thanks for all the info guys, really helping a lot, just ordered protaper pillow tops, pro taper bars and an online fuel filter, I will consider getting forks instead for my next upgrade! And will post pictures of the entire process!

If you just buy the kit from DHZ it comes with the Carb, 1/8th Turn Throttle, Cable to fit, and Unifilter.
thats the easiest way to do it I recon.....

DHZ - 26mm OKO Combo Kit

Having said that, mine just bolted on and worked fine... but I didnt notice too much of a performance gain... mostly just snappier throttle response...
If anyones jetted these things for a Nitrous YX 160 let me know what settings you used for best performance.. be interested to give it a go....

If you just buy the kit from DHZ it comes with the Carb, 1/8th Turn Throttle, Cable to fit, and Unifilter.
thats the easiest way to do it I recon.....

DHZ - 26mm OKO Combo Kit

Having said that, mine just bolted on and worked fine... but I didnt notice too much of a performance gain... mostly just snappier throttle response...
If anyones jetted these things for a Nitrous YX 160 let me know what settings you used for best performance.. be interested to give it a go....

Yeah the kits a great idea

Oko stock jets re 36 pilot 100 main and jjh needle on the middle clip.

If you have good throttle response and linear power curve i probably wouldn't mess with it.

For mine ive got a z160ho im running 36 pilot and 102 main e-clip middle

Last edited:
hey guys, bike came today, having a bit of trouble with 2 things (as i am a complete newbie to this),

1. there are 2 tubes coming out of the carby that are a clear pinkish sort of colour that are just laying around not connected to anything, firstly, where do these go?

2. im also having a bit of trouble assembling the front disc brakes and pads, wondering if anything could explain with aid of pictures or something or if they know of a helpful video, thanks guys!

:)

hey guys, bike came today, having a bit of trouble with 2 things (as i am a complete newbie to this),

1. there are 2 tubes coming out of the carby that are a clear pinkish sort of colour that are just laying around not connected to anything, firstly, where do these go?

2. im also having a bit of trouble assembling the front disc brakes and pads, wondering if anything could explain with aid of pictures or something or if they know of a helpful video, thanks guys!

:)

1: the tubes are overflows they arent connected to anything so leave them

2:As for the pads they clip in theres probably a plastic choc holding the calipers apart.
If you have pulled in the leaver before the front wheel was installed and the calipers have closed up just slowly pry them apart with a screwdriver . IF you find it had to pry apart you can always crack the bleed nipple open a bit pry them apart and re tighten nipple up

the tubes coming out of the carby are your overflow tubes for your float bowl and carby
the tube on the bottom should have a little screw near it
make sure that it is done up tight

for the front brakes i dont really know cos i havent had to deal with mine yet

morgan

ok thanks guys! when i tried starting the bike for the first time turned the fuel on and holding throttle at about 1/3 starting kicking away, and then i noticed that heaps of fuel was coming out of the longer tube, is this a bad problem or not?

sorry about the stupid questions again lol

hey guys ive uploaded a picture of the carby and labelled the 3 screws, ive never done any work on a carby and wouldnt know how to set it at all.

IF POSSIBLE could someone please tell me what each screw is and what they recommend to set it as.

Carby.png

and also those 2 pinkish tubes to the right of the 3rd screw.... they leak fuel heaps as soon as i turn the fuel valve open, anyone have any ideas?

No throttle is needed when starting these bikes.... Just put on the choke (if cold), get it to TDC and kick from there... Opening the throttle while starting is gonna kick so hard back at you...

im not sure what TDC means but thanks mate, will not use the throttle anymore while starting!

Latest posts

Back