Brand New Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer a couple of questions that weren't answered, the screws that you have identified in the picture, number 3 is the float bowl drain screw, so ensure that it is tight, as mini bikes rule stated. Number 1 in that picture is your idle adjustment screw, and set that as required. Number 2 in that picture is your fuel screw and is usually set between 2 - 2.5 full turns out with correct jetting.

Also, if you are still having the problem of fuel flowing out the overflow tubes after you have checked that screw number 3 is tight, you will have a stuck float, and will have to take the float bowl off, check the needle and seat is in good condition, and just ensure that the float is no longer sticking.

thanks! i have just set fuel screw to 2.5 times out and i just wanted to make sure of something before i remove the float bowl (i have made sure that screw 3 is very tight.)

here i have another picture with arrows pointing to the screws which i assume are the ones i need to take off to remove float bowl, is that right? and the main reason i wanted to ask you about it is im not sure what to expect when i remove it, will it just be full of fuel (so put a bucket below me) and are there many parts in there that i should not disrupt.

carby2.png

if anyone has a picture of a removed float bowl and how to fix a stuck float then that would be sick!

take the whole carbi off the bike , drain the fuel out of the carbi then flip it upside down and remove the screws in red.

if you have a stickly float , its most likely dirt or plastic shavings from the tank sticking the valve open.. its a little alloy square tube with a pencil looking end on it.. thats normally where the problems are.

thanks for the reply mate! im assuming you take the whole carby off by disconnecting it from that small pipe that goes into the engine manifold.

and also another newbie question, once i get the carby off, how do i drain the fuel out of it?

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
thanks for the reply mate! im assuming you take the whole carby off by disconnecting it from that small pipe that goes into the engine manifold.

and also another newbie question, once i get the carby off, how do i drain the fuel out of it?

thanks in advance!

Yes, you remove from the intake manifold, but you will also first have to remove the throttle slide from the carb. The carb cap should either itself unscrew away from the carb, or have two screws holding it in place, which once undone, should come away and allow you to remove the slide out of the carb. Make sure you look to see which way it comes out, but for your reference, the cutout of the carb is always on the airbox/airfilter side.

The screw that you highlighted as "number 3" will allow the fuel to drain out of the float bowl.

thanks so much! will keep you guys updated aswell.

by the way, this is my bike
IMG_0016.jpg

:)

Looking good mate, solid little bikes ey how much did you win it for if you don't mid me asking?

Carlton

i dont mind at all, 150cc normal size (not mid size), got it for $530 and postage was $95 to sydney so pretty cheap in my opinion.

also ordered protaper handgrips for $26 free postage
inline fuel filter for $4 free postage
and got my eye on a set of pro taper handle bars for $79

^^^ That's pretty good man, a set of high rise Pro Tapers go along way in making a much more comfier riding position. but yeah $625 is awesome ey, plenty of left over cash for mods. Always a good way to get a bike through bidding ey. Keep us posted mate,

Carlton

hey guys! just wanted to quickly say that i just rode my bike for the first time
and it goes like a gun! much more thaan i expected, very happy with the purchase!

:)

Hey guys just an update, bought a oko flat side yesterday and dhz set it off to me today so I should have it by this Arvo and also have a sik50s sticker kit on its way and I'm buying a set of protaper SE bars tomorrow so I will post pictures as soon as i can get it all on there :)

By the way does anyone know the diameter of the fuel line that comes on the atomik nitrous 150's by memory, as I am at work and would like to order some online but do not know the size, thanks heaps !

Nah I bought an inline fuel filter and need the line for that

I did the same and just cut the old one in half an stuck the filter in the middle ;) tehn used cable ties on each end of the filter (but probably not neccesary)

Yeah I might just do that, I got some smallish cable ties but I would rather a hose clamp but it's a quick fix until I can get a little hose clam clip thing

didnt read all the posts but the stock shock on them are terrible. look at a aftermarket one like a fastace, dnm, gpx. something along those lines

Yeah I eventually want to upgrade shock and forks but those upgrades cost a fair bit of money and I'm doing the cheaper stuff first, I don't jump on mine (yet) so stock shock and forks have treated me well so far so when I need them I will replace them with better ones :)

Yeah I eventually want to upgrade shock and forks but those upgrades cost a fair bit of money and I'm doing the cheaper stuff first, I don't jump on mine (yet) so stock shock and forks have treated me well so far so when I need them I will replace them with better ones :)

u can get a 280mm fastace for about $130 from dhz. not sure if u consider that expensive. When i say the rear shock is terrible i mean it needs to be changed asap. mine was like a worn out old gas chair (tho that was on the mid size nitrous 160) but im sure they use the same shock

they also had a sale on the DNM shocks at $160 inc shipping recently. i think its ended but thats a damn fine price for the dnm shock

I don't consider that too expensive, I was assuming in my head that descent ones were approx. $200 to $300 not including shipping but $120 sounds pretty good, probably my next upgrade after pro taper bars will be a shock then, thanks so much for the input!

Latest posts

Back