Brendo's 140 Build (heaps of pictures)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great brendo, where did you get the sprocket mate and the seat cover you got coming?

hey brendo where did you get them blue lines from? ebay?
was there red or green ones?

bike looks awesome

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just a quick update, yesterday I was playing around with the pro circuit and thought that well the pipes diameter could be widened like the fmf 4.1 i mean if that works why wouldn't this, we all know that four strokes wanna breath. So before I knew it the pipe was off and cut in half. I had decided to widen the pipe so it would go from a 32mm pipe with bends to a 32 with a step up to 40 basically straight through. It's now a custom pipe like a fmf 4.1 married with a pro circuit can. I also lengthened it a tad and made a bracket to fit back to the sub frame. And if your wondering I did it at a mates exhaust shop so its done right with the pipe reduced at the joins and the insides been polished with a proper metal polisher and yes i realize I will probably have to re jet and tinker with the carb, hopefully not but if need be who cares. I wish I took some before, after and during photos to show you guys but I just get into a rhythm and don't stop till its done, it was an all day job getting it just right and polished. I'm just waiting on some gaskets and still finishing off the oil lines. What do ya's reckon I'm pretty stoked with how it has turned out and can't wait to kick it over. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357783828.885711.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357783865.005167.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon it looks great brendo, ive heard the first 12 inches of a pipe is where you need to be careful and like you said you chopped it halfway, id be really interested in hearing how it rides when you get a chance mate.
I love the fact that you are running the china hydraulic clutch setup, there actually a good clutch setup and you dont see enough of them, i had one on our mini motard and it worked a charm, i notice you are running the race cdi, did you notice a change in performance when you attached it? Well done mate i love seeing a 140 in the bike considering most mainly go big bore but i think its great you still running the 140.(it has an alloy barrel is that a yx mate)

Cheers guys, I got the gaskets and oil lines all finished today and kicked it over and it sounds pretty meaty hey. I've been meaning to lean it out down low so did that aswell and it now revs clean. I'm gonna have to adjust the inlet valve as theres a bit of tick. I didn't get to ride it thou so will see whether the pipe made a difference in the power or not. Pretty happy with the oil lines too, it's always good when there's no leaks to fix. As far as the 140 goes Mick I'm just running it because it was all i could afford at the time so I've just decided to stick with it because the powers not bad, i mean i can keep pace on it when riding with mates on 160s, but thats because their **** haha. Im gonna just run it till it goes boom then ill be putting in a z160. It's just a stock zonger 140 all I've done is hd clutch springs. With all the work I've done I can adapt to run a z160 without wasting any work I've done so I don't mind spending bits of cash here and there on it. I don't know why the chinga hydro clutches get such a bad wrap I mean its worked brilliantly for me after a quick oil change, it's a lot softer feel. I did how ever change the lever setup to a asv bifold lever which took some stuffing around and put a spacer between the mount and ram to get the thing to engage properly. The race cdi didn't really do much IMO, i did however notice it rev a tad faster after plugging it in but really to be honest not worth it. Im still waiting on some things and hopefully by the end of next week can get a start up and walk around of the finished product hopefully.

Last edited:
awesome bike mate. think its time for me to get a new one myself!

Finished modding and beefing up the bash plate this arvo here's a piccy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358147097.694256.jpg

HEY! brendo, those tyres still look brand new, just like they did a month or two ago! Nar i'm just messing with ya, you doing a dam good job.

Haha lol that's because they are, the things just been sitting on it stand for about a month I don't wanna get it dirty till I'm completely finished which is basically never haha.

Ok finally got all the parts on and reshaped the seat to more of my liking, i'm stoked with it so here she is.

photo2fyj.jpg

photo1rlw.jpg

photo3lsf.jpg

photo12ml.jpg

photo42w.jpg

photo32gz.jpg

photo52sd.jpg

Thats one sexy rig mate, a real work of art.

Cheers guys the factory look is what I was going for hey. Think I pulled it of finally and I've now got a hand full of spare parts in the process that just didn't go with the look. I took it out for a blast this arvo and it didn't miss a beat its ten times the bike it was after all the little changes and is heaps easier to throw around with the seat mod and better turning circle after changing the stoppers on the triples. Now all I've got to do is thrash this 140 there's only just over 9 hours on it, so I'm planning on changing that.
4egupumy.jpg

Last edited:
Have you been out on it(if its not raining) lately to test how the sound and gains from the exhaust mod have been mate.

Latest posts

Back