Brendo's 190 Anima LXR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my stock rear sprocket powder coated at the end of a run that my local powder coater was doing so was like $5 to do.

naqady2a.jpg

Also tried all afternoon to bleed my rear brake with no success, I've tried every trick I know and just can't get pressure so I'm thinking ill have to take it to the shop and get them to suss it out.
I've got one more thing to try tomorrow so ill see how that goes.

Also tried all afternoon to bleed my rear brake with no success, I've tried every trick I know and just can't get pressure so I'm thinking ill have to take it to the shop and get them to suss it out.
I've got one more thing to try tomorrow so ill see how that goes.[/QUOTE]

Damn those china calipers :/

i dnt no if im correct but a mate told me you have to push the fluid from the bleed nipple back through to the res, syringe and tube is all he said u need to do it

Yeah tried all that boys about a thousand times last option is to try to suck it through the caliper. I reckon it is the chinga caliper that's the problem there has to be air somewhere, hopefully it's not the master or the brand new line that's f'd.

Yeah tried all that boys about a thousand times last option is to try to suck it through the caliper. I reckon it is the chinga caliper that's the problem there has to be air somewhere, hopefully it's not the master or the brand new line that's f'd.
Give what i said a go mate thats the only way ive ever been able to bleed the china callipers up .. but you have to tape up the bleed nipple with thread tape

Give what i said a go mate thats the only way ive ever been able to bleed the china callipers up .. but you have to tape up the bleed nipple with thread tape

Yeah cheers mate I'm gonna get some thread tape and a new syringe on my way home and give that a go on the the weekend.
If all else fails into the shop it goes.
Ill let ya know how I go with it.

Welcome to my world. lol

China brakes suck. I gotta get this new setup.

Yeah cheers mate I'm gonna get some thread tape and a new syringe on my way home and give that a go on the the weekend.
If all else fails into the shop it goes.
Ill let ya know how I go with it.

No worries it's the only way I've ever got them to bleed up ... There are bleed nipples on eBay that are m8 type nipples that have a one way valve in them and thread tape pre installed on the threads to bleed it up easier but .... any bloke with thread tape and a plastic irrigation syringe and a bit of fuel hose can do it just as easy

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

Oh one thing that's important once the syringe is pulled all the way back and you need to reset it down again tighten the nipple take the hose connected to the nipple back off push the syringe all the way down again reinstall it back on the nipple crack it open half a turn and pull back on the syringe again it will only take a few goes just watch the fluid level in the master it will dry out reall fast they hold bugger all

i've never really had a problem bleeding my brakes. the back was abit of a biatch, but to be honest it broke, and i never got around to gettin another one. the front was really easy, and once bled properly it stopped fine. maybe the caliper is stuffed?

i've never really had a problem bleeding my brakes. the back was abit of a biatch, but to be honest it broke, and i never got around to gettin another one. the front was really easy, and once bled properly it stopped fine. maybe the caliper is stuffed?

It's a brand new bike and they were working fine until he changed the master cylinder it's always a possibility buy very unlikely the back brakes are just a ***** to do I know I've done it many times but once you get it down packed it's a 5 min job

If you haven't already tried, push the caliper piston all the way back and wedge something in the caliper to keep it there, then try bleeding. This worked for me when all else failed.

Oh one thing that's important once the syringe is pulled all the way back and you need to reset it down again tighten the nipple take the hose connected to the nipple back off push the syringe all the way down again reinstall it back on the nipple crack it open half a turn and pull back on the syringe again it will only take a few goes just watch the fluid level in the master it will dry out reall fast they hold bugger all

This is the way i bleed the brakes on my bikes and had no dramas.

One thing that I have learnt bleeding brakes on china bikes is because of the angle that the caliper is mounted on you need to bleed it at the hose. Pump the brakes up and hold the lever down then undo the banjo bolt at the caliper until fluid comes out then nip it back up. Do this 3 or 4 times and that will usually sort it out. You can do the same at the master cyl banjo as well.

I'VE GOT BRAKES feck yeah.
Thanks to everyone's help, I ended up doing what everyone mentioned, and it all helped like bleeding it through the banjo like you mentioned Bean, and pushing the caliper in to force the air out but the best advise was Nicks to vacuum pump the air out.
It took a good 6 or 7 goes and she's pretty right now, it locks up but there is a little bit to much play in the pedal for my liking so ill leave it compressed and have another play with it tomorrow, but it could also be that I've got the bracket set up to far from the pistons pressure point and I've got no play left in the adjuster so I might need to change that but for now it works so I'm stoked.
Thanks guys and like I said to ya earlier Nick your a legend.

Bleed the brakes again and it's perfect.
Took it for a quick ride and it has fair bit more feel in the pedal, super happy. Just waiting on the works connection cap, front line and zeta stem nut and its finished.

habuby8e.jpg

Trust me it's never done I think I've said that 5 times ready and now I have a list of parts I've ordered as long as my arm

Latest posts

Back