Brendo's 88/150 motovert

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8r3nd0

Sinister 50's
Reaction score
Ok so i picked up a motovert 90 with a Jialing engine which has 86 stamped on the barrel so im going half and half and calling it an 88 haha.
After doing some research i found that Jialing is actually partnered with Honda so I'm hoping that its quality is some what closer to Honda than china.
Anyway i picked it up from a bloke about two weeks ago brand new for less than half price he rode it once up the street then stored it away for nearly a year in his garage so i was pretty stoked and im talking brand new.
The only thing wrong was an exhaust leak and a bog down low.
The exhaust leak was because it had no gasket and lose bolts and the bog, well it just wasn't tuned right so sorted that out and checked every nut and bolt, changed the oil in it then set up the suspension and took it out for its first real ride and **** i was impressed.
The little thing rips, I've ridden mates 88's before and this kills them up top but im guess thats cause its got a 26mm mikuni carb bolted on which is way to big for it, i mean dont get me wrong it runs great but is just lacking any punch down low so ive order a smaller carb and some parts from dhz which did me up a good deal.

So what ive done to it already

New red plastics
Troy Lee Designs graphics
Blue gripper seat
Blue Odi grips
Blue fuel line
Chinga race cdi
Sik 50s cam cover
Uni filter
Ngk lead & iridium plug

What ive got coming and want

19mm mikuni carb
Carbon fibre ignition and tank covers
FMF 4.1 exhuast
BBR heavy duty fork springs
Did gold chain
Vortex front sprocket
Red Baron Dress up kit
Forged kickstarter
and whatever else i end up really wanting over time.....

photo13eq.jpg

photo23wx.jpg

It will smash usuall 88's unless they have a race head on. By the looks of things it's running a E22 head which is a copy of the crf70 head running 23mm/22mm oversized valves and a good cam. Don't go down to 19mm it will choke the bike up massively go down to a 24mm and you should be fine.. I have the same setup and am also happy with the preformance bottom and top end plus I got engine carby throttle cable and loom for $80 ;)

Cheers mate, bads news for me i guess i just picked up the new 19mm carb in the post today. So you really reckon it will be to small cause everywhere ive looked and asked have said to go the 19 but hey if your talking from experience then ya can't argue with that, i might throw it on to see anyways cause i dont think id be able to send it back.

Cheers mate, bads news for me i guess i just picked up the new 19mm carb in the post today. So you really reckon it will be to small cause everywhere ive looked and asked have said to go the 19 but hey if your talking from experience then ya can't argue with that, i might throw it on to see anyways cause i dont think id be able to send it back.

Bike looks sick mate you always build nice stuff bud !!

Try the 19mm first if it goes good leave it ..

Yea no worry mate, try it on maybe bigger main jet? But I have a braaap 88 and they come standard with 24mm carbs.. So if there coming stock like that then that would be the carby to run :) plus it is an 88 and basically a race head so you need to think how much air it needs to run properly. 19mm I'd run on a stock crf50 motor. Trial and error my friend, experience is gained by knowing what you did wrong and improving on that :)

Yeah trial and errors what I'm good at mainly error thou haha. I give it a go and see, what carb and jets sizes are you running just so when the error appears i can fix it. Cheers Nick, i have a favour to ask mate where did you pick your fmf exhuast up from ebay or somewhere in Aus, i cant seem to find anywhere in Aus that have them?

sweet ride brendo, lovin the colour scheme, i have seen this same scheme somewhere but cant recall mmmm, hahaha, it looks great mate and a great score also.

Brendo's 88 motovert

Update on the carb and you were right mate, it's to small by a mile it runs but revs off it's tits and there's no change when playing with idle or mixture so now I'm 70 bucks down and in need of a 24mm carb if anyone has one they want to sell for cheap or I'm gonna get the Keihin pe 24mm of tbolt when I've got some coin next.

Yeah trial and errors what I'm good at mainly error thou haha. I give it a go and see, what carb and jets sizes are you running just so when the error appears i can fix it. Cheers Nick, i have a favour to ask mate where did you pick your fmf exhuast up from ebay or somewhere in Aus, i cant seem to find anywhere in Aus that have them?

Hey mate ...nah didnt buy it from AUS ppl ask to much for em over here i ordered it from the states it was literally nearly half the price If i remember correctly i got it through T-Bolt USA

Ring around a few bike shops in AUS but be ready for 2 billon percent mark up those blokes put on em and thats if you can even find one :mad:

I brought a full FMF setup for my KX 85 for $290 in the States shipped not long ago and here at my local bike shop $600 LOL

Last edited:
If you ask me yoshi pipes on eBay at the moment for like 270-280 posted from USA!!! Best sounding pipes made unless you pay 400 and yea a titanium carbon fmf 4.1 line gerros

Re: Brendo's 88 motovert

Update on the carb and you were right mate, it's to small by a mile it runs but revs off it's tits and there's no change when playing with idle or mixture so now I'm 70 bucks down and in need of a 24mm carb if anyone has one they want to sell for cheap or I'm gonna get the Keihin pe 24mm of tbolt when I've got some coin next.

We have go-kart blokes running them(19mm mikuni)on 110s after the 22mm carbs were pumping to much fuel and flooding, but they need it revving out for wheel spin, Soz for advising you on the 19mm bud.

Brendo's 88 motovert

It's all good mate, honestly I looked everywhere and they all said the same, bbr even said their running 18mm but like you said the ovaling that happens in the mikuni is what's strange, so a 19 is really 15 and 26 a 22 and so on, I don't get it hey. It is running a e22 head with the bigger valves so like mentioned trial and error I suppose, I'm even thinking about pulling the oko 24mm of my 140 and trying that out, you never know.

It's all good mate, honestly I looked everywhere and they all said the same, bbr even said their running 18mm but like you said the ovaling that happens in the mikuni is what's strange, so a 19 is really 15 and 26 a 22 and so on, I don't get it hey. It is running a e22 head with the bigger valves so like mentioned trial and error I suppose, I'm even thinking about pulling the oko 24mm of my 140 and trying that out, you never know.

Id give it a shot mate it might run sweet with a 24 flatty !

Brendo's 88 motovert

Ok bit the bullet and ordered the fmf 4.1 pipe today and a few other bits and pieces. Red tappet breather kit, bifold lever, Red Baron front sprocket, Red Baron cam cover, gold did chain, tb carb kit with jets, bbr fork springs, hd clutch springs. I can't wait for it all to turn up and get into throwing it all on.

Ill give ya $25 for the sik50s cam cover dude, sold my kit to bretto and have been sad since lol. Let me know mate.

Brendo's 88 motovert

Spewin Mick I already promised it to a mate, but if he doesn't take it I'll let ya know for sure. I had the day of work today and guess what decided to show up at work while I'm not there, half the parts I'm waiting for. So anyway I decided to clean up the electrics on it, I sniped off the unnecessary stuff and electric taped it all up so its all water proof. Made up some tank risers and installed them, took the crappy stand off and threw on the boyesen cover I got on Tuesday.
ejuja7yt.jpg

Brendo's 88 motovert

So stoked I got some new stuff in the post yesterday and now can't wait for this rain to bugger off.
Would upload pics but image shack wont open and for some reason every time i try to upload to this site it dosen't work. Wtf
Finally....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back