Brendo's 88/150 motovert

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Brendo's 88 motovert

More brendo brilliance, good stuff mate. Can't wait till I see some action shots.

Brendo's 88 motovert

Yeah mick gonna have to start using my gopro a bit more, the weather down here is wet as hell it's supposedly meant to rain for the next month I dunno. Also mate I picked up the pipe from http://tboltusa.com/

Ok so here goes, i ended up graping a tb 20mm carb which is the standard carb that comes with the 88 kits with the race heads, the race heads have bigger valves than the e22 head thats on mine so in theory should work yeah. i bolt it on and starts first kick with choke on but turn the choke of it instantly wants to rev to the moon. The idle screw and mixture screw do nothing and there is no air leaks what so ever. Question being what do you reckons going on, to lean, carbs to small again or something else. I should add yes the slides in the right way, carbs clean, throttle cables free, and no air leaks like stated. Any suggestions but these would be awesome.

Last edited:
Brendo's 88 motovert

Quick update while trying to figure out this carb. Pictures speak for themselves and I can tell you the thing sounds awesome. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362644195.906907.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362644218.268873.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362644236.413215.jpg

looks sweet brendo,
missing the carby insulator/spacer ?

Brendo's 88 motovert

Cheers mate, missing the spacer cause at the moment the carbs coming on and off daily at the moment. But we'll spotted sir.

aah ok,
i thought you meant that you had now sorted the carby, and that you wanted people to guess what the problem was.

have you checked that the slide is returning right back to the bottom ?
eg; can you back the idle speed right off and the bike stalls?
im wondering if the throttle cable may be a bit short? or the adjuster at the handlebars can be backed off a bit?

Brendo's 88 motovert

aah ok,
i thought you meant that you had now sorted the carby, and that you wanted people to guess what the problem was.

have you checked that the slide is returning right back to the bottom ?
eg; can you back the idle speed right off and the bike stalls?
im wondering if the throttle cable may be a bit short? or the adjuster at the handlebars can be backed off a bit?

No worries mate, yeah I've check the slide and cable and that, the only thing I didn't check as Im thinking about it is an air leak through the top of the carb. I'll have another go at it this weekend, and yeah mate they are spoke wraps, I thought I'd do something different.

Re: Brendo's 88 motovert

Check the intake pipe has nice flat surfaces also brendo, have seen some warped surfaces at times.

Bit of an update on the bike, still couldn't get the 20mm tb carb to work even after heaps of re-jetting but not to concerned about it. Ended up grabbing a 21mm oko of egay to try cause I've got heaps of jets laying around so thought I'd have a crack. It's got a new color scheme going now with another set of Hart and Huntington graphics, I've got some ****ty red tyres ill throw on it, some red fuel line and grips. Also bought another takegawa hyper coil, lightspeed carbon fibre tank cover, two brothers kickstarter & red fast 50s shifter. Also thinking about changing up the sprockets and going a 15, 42 for a tad more bottom without losing to much length if you know what I mean. Also what cam would be an upgrade for more bottom end as I'm not really familiar with this stuff, I don't know what it's running at the moment but am willing to finally learn some more about this stuff, any help or opinions would be awesome cheers guys.

Get in now before the triplets arrive, lol. Good stuff mate, the carb issues must becoming a pain in the bum by now.

Yeah getting in quick before I get turned upside down and shaken free of all the lose change. Your not wrong about this carb mate, it's doin my head in hey. But for some reason I just keep coming back. Hopefully I can get the oko to work the overall bore sizes are closer so well see, at least with the oko I can just turn the carb instead of having to take the bugger off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Got my oko and coil yesterday, and news that my order from faster minis is on back order for a couple of weeks. But might be throwing in a yx150 that I'm getting from Mick who knows. Anyways getting there slowly but surely. Also does anyone know where I could get some renthal bars from the high rise 7/8 type they call them play bars there's some one eBay but postage is an absolute joke.
de3abyqu.jpg

Just put that takegawa from my LXR on the motovert as the LXR doesn't go just yet. Heaps better, have to get another one
Hopefully the oko works for you Brendo.
Good that they come with the rubber
Adaptor now

Just put that takegawa from my LXR on the motovert as the LXR doesn't go just yet. Heaps better, have to get another one
Hopefully the oko works for you Brendo.
Good that they come with the rubber
Adaptor now

Yeah I've got this coil on my 140 and noticed a crisper idle and throttle. Haha and na mate the oko didn't come with the adapter I had it at work and just threw it in the box before I took it home and took the picture. You've got eyes like a hawk.

Aw ok, wish they did come with an adaptor would be much better
Yeah there good coils, had them red stock coils on my motovert and it stopped running took awhile to find the problem but later noticed it was burnt by the exhaust, put the takegawa on, revved alot better then it was and better idle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back