Brendo's 88/150 motovert

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baha you both love it so much it just put a massive smile on my face and you do great work brendo can't believe how much effort and time you put into everything

Well if we can make you smile roy than my day is complete and i have achieved my goals for the day:D

Brendo's 88 motovert

Made up another custom bash plate for the girl on the router today, mainly cause I like being a skittle different. What do ya's reckon I should start selling them I reckon...
zy5a5ume.jpg
upuzu4yd.jpg
just gotta polish the hell out off it, or might paint it black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
looks good but i wont to see a pic of it on the bike tho

Jeez hang on mate haha just did it. The bikes a working progress with a new engine going in so have to wait till then mate.

Id buy one also dude, you got special skills

Not me, I'll copy it and then sell them haha.

Me mates got a metal polisher, I started polishing it up then lost interest cause its gonna get scratched up anyways so might just leave it raw. I kinda copied the two brothers klx110 skid plate design. Had it on the bike yesterday and thought it looked good like gave it a factory look. Just gotta recut the section that slits between the frame and peg mounts.

Not me, I'll copy it and then sell them haha.

We've got a bloke at work making surfboards at the moment and was talking to him about getting some carbon fibre in and using this one as a mould maybe and coping it to make a carbon fibre one. Now that would be sick.

The trick is to polish it all before fabrication cause then its only touch up sorta stuff especially with that much perforation

Never knew that lad, learn something everyday. Ill definitely put that into the back off my head for the next time I try to polish something up, makes sense. I was there for about 3/4s of an hour it looked good but just had to many little imperfections to get out, I reckon I could of been there for days. I was starting to lose my **** haha was gonna turn it into a bash plate alright.

Another hot tip :)

Raw steel 180 240 400 linishing!
Cut n polish

Grain steel 240 400

240 across the grain 400 with cut against the grain polish with!
Same applies with raw cut.

Also use a ship load of wax n plenty of heat but not so much as to warp the steel! Easy peezy! :p

Last edited:
Got some stuff done today ready to whack in the yx150 but just need a couple more things.
ypyveta6.jpg
Threw on some asv copies, new brake pedal and made up some brackets to hold the twin coolers. She's starting to look pretty mean.
y4u9y2eh.jpg
y9ebega7.jpg
u4yzuvej.jpg
a2aty4uh.jpg
and finally representing on the hiace
u6uqanuj.jpg

Damn perfectionist, loving the red and black theme mate, i want that motor back, ill give ya $300 eh.

Keep me at the top of the list for an alloy or carbon bashie brendo:love-smiley:

Looks good now go get it dirty already 8r3nd0 ! and you say i have ocd or was that carlts ? lol cant remember *sigh* :rolleyes:

Brendo's 88 motovert

Looks good now go get it dirty already 8r3nd0 ! and you say i have ocd or was that carlts ? lol cant remember *sigh* :rolleyes:

Haha you do mate I never said I don't. Can't get it dirty mate the engine ain't even in it yet, what em I gonna do push it while running beside it going braaap brap braaaaaaap, I might look a bit queer if I do that. Ill show you dirt when finished mate.
& yeah Mick ill keep you at the top if the list. Should go business partners, you find the donks and ill pretty them up and sell em, might make a couple of bucks a year haha.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure that was me, but if I am mistaken, you have OCD nick ; )

Your bikes are always clean, not a bad thing, I am much the same lol

i dunno maybe it was both of you lol ......anyway looking good 8r3nd0 i didn't realise there was no motor in her yet sorry bud my bad ! i should do more reading and less looking at the pictures !!

Custom bash plate is done, powder coated and some TBR stickers to finish it off, and fits like a glove. Hope to get the 150 in this weekend.
zu9yne2a.jpg
pumemata.jpg

Latest posts

Back