buell...what a sad day

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of them let alone seen a bike built by them :confused:. He seemed very sad.

EDIT: Just had a look on google images. They aren't that good looking.

Never heard of them let alone seen a bike built by them :confused:. He seemed very sad.

where did you live the last twenty years...in a cave??
oh well...I guess you are a kiddy...so go back to your Legos and let the big Boys have a conversation! :cool:

here is two buell bikes,

buell-street-fighter-chopper-profile-4.jpg

redneck_mutant_buell_22.jpg

________
Head Shop

Last edited:

?????? How can you ride a motorcycle and not know Buell????

They are a engineering and industrial design master piece , I don't think anything asthetically compares to a buell in motorcycling.

A sad day it is!

arnt buell based on harley's or sumthin. or the dude was part of harley originally..

not really too sure but i think it was sumthin like that

arnt buell based on harley's or sumthin. or the dude was part of harley originally..

not really too sure but i think it was sumthin like that

not to sure either but thats what i thought to

haha at the mountain burning bulldog a+

but in my veiw any american bike = as cool as thump*140's blitz

Last edited:
most of the Buell bikes were a sports bike wrapped around a boat anchor... ie: Harley Sportster 1200 engine (gearbox and engine are one piece, as opposed to most Harleys that have a seperate gearbox, driven by belt... hence the reason harley engines take up the same amount of space as a John Deere Header, and weigh about the same too...)
The Sportster (XR1200) used to be Harleys "sports" bike... not good on the bitty, but great on flat track... the XR1000 and XR1200 were legendary flat trackers, and there's been a few "commemorative" replica models introduced...
But anyways, off-topic.. Eric Buell came along, and fancied the idea of putting a harley motor, (known for their torque, but not rev-ability) into a nimble, agile and lightweight frame... And came up with the Buell Rocket... ( i think that's what it was called... )
If you dont think it works, ride one... epic bike, great engineering (something Harleys dont have.. I'm sorry... how can you call a motor with pushrods an "Evolution" motor?????) and a great handling machine, with monster amounts of torque... Yamaha even copied it with their big 1400-something OW01 bike or whatever it's called... And of course, Buell made heaps of custom choppers etc, based on the XR sportster motor, and frame geometry that actually goes around corners, without the need for changing the polarity of the earth's magnetic pull, like other harleys...
Tis a sad day for motorcycling indeed...
How is it that Buell can go under, yet Atomik are thriving??? ha ha ha..

Oh and Hillz, admit it... My Blitz is heaps awesomer than any Harley... it goes, it stops, and corners...
So right there, it makes it better than any harley ever built.

i went test riding buells a few weeks ago with a mate looking at buying one, rode the 80hp aircooled harley version, great brakes (too good), if the seat was any harder and the vibrations were any stronger id still be looking for my balls, and compared to my cbr1000 threw tight tracks was nothing,

went back and hoiped on the buell with 150hp rotax motor with same frame, lighter motor and better gearing, and some engine balencing crap so it ideled smooth, its lifted the front at a 100ks with ease which is nice, and power felt exactly the same as big duke, smoking the rear tyre out of every bend getting back on the power, was that good we stayed out for 45mins longer then we were suposed to and smashed the brand new diablo corsa, on a bike that only had 23ks on it :D

Still the brand new r1's have it over every bike ive ridden, there one step ahead of any sport bike on the market imo

Latest posts

Back