Building a pitty track!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MITTZ

Reaction score
whats crackin guys,

so my cusins got a nice slab of land and were gonna build a pitty track on it! we have access to a front end loader, ample dirt and man power!

im looking for a design for a track with berms and jumps similar to the sambra club track, studders ar also good!

i thought you guys might be able to help me out with some designing!
basicaly what i want you to do is get an A4 pice of paper and draw a track with berms, jumps, studders ect. make the track about 2-3cm wide on the paper, just to get a sence of scale! and scan it in. or the equivelent on a computer program

if someone puts in the effort and designs me a decent track that i like i will buy them a uni filter or something around the $30 dollar mark! this can be negotiated if a good 1 comes along!

i am not a douch and i will not take ur design and give you nothing, but this is not an afficial competition so dont bitch about stuff.

i need it preferably by end of next week, but their may not be a winner if i get nothing good!

any further info add me on msn: [email protected] (made the adress in primary school lol) email me designs and feel free to post here!

cheers, Andrew

lol cant you do it yourself mate sit down with your cuz and draw one up you both like in 5 minutes

I'm building a track... and the design is really not that hard... get you and your cuz, draw on the bit of paper the land that you're planning on building on... draw out the track, then jump on ya bikes and start to tear it out, so you can get a feel for it and find natural lines and jumps, that will make it easier to finalise the design... that's what I did... made it a piece of cake!! I've finished my design and will start building it after we get some decent rain :)

Minitard is spot on there , also make sure you compact the jumps and berms with a tractor or bobcat etc to prevent the jump getting all soft and washed out , this will greatly imporve the durability of your track. Also make sure your surface is completley firm and do the final touches with a shovel to lip the berms and take offs. Good idea to grab some tyres and place them on the outside and inside of the track to ensure your mate isn't takin any 'quick lines' to pass you durin a race. Don't shove any shit in the jumps either near the surface as the jumps will rut and wash out and expose these materials. Keep them well watered and make sure before you build the track the soil is moist so that it all bonds together. You want a 40% clay 40% loam soil 20% sand combination to have a smooth grippy and solid surface

got someone to build and design mine for me, just gave him a rough idea of what i wanted.

Just fit in as much track as possible (but make sure its not really unsmooth or anything) and make the jumps right and it'll be fine.

go track builders in SA!! haha

hey mate i know how hard it is but the easy part is actually building the thing the way you want it. i'm building a track to and i've put in like little 8ft jumps and some 12 ft jumps that sould be about the right size mabey smaller

tip: make shore that with the block of land that you constantly over the track that you want the jumps to go on.

Peoples MITTZ is just throwing it out there for everyone to be a little creative and to have some fun and be a part of making a pitty track. Dont bitch about it and tell him he should do it himself. Instead get into it and u can get yourself a uni filter or just shutup and let people who want to help do it

Peoples MITTZ is just throwing it out there for everyone to be a little creative and to have some fun and be a part of making a pitty track. Dont bitch about it and tell him he should do it himself. Instead get into it and u can get yourself a uni filter or just shutup and let people who want to help do it

exactly! i could just go and make a track, but i thought you guys might have a bit of fun making track designs! and then if people have ideas then they could be combined into 1 sweet track! or if someone goes all out and designs me an awsome track then i will reward them!

plus i thought this site could do with an interesting thread instead of the which bike threads that seem to be flooding this site lately!

but if no one is interested then i will go do it my self!!

cheers, Andrew

exactly! i could just go and make a track, but i thought you guys might have a bit of fun making track designs! and then if people have ideas then they could be combined into 1 sweet track! or if someone goes all out and designs me an awsome track then i will reward them!

plus i thought this site could do with an interesting thread instead of the which bike threads that seem to be flooding this site lately!

but if no one is interested then i will go do it my self!!

cheers, Andrew

Yeah sounds good. Better than people arguing and bitching and will be interesting what people come up with.

hey mittz, great idea to get people thinking outside the box, the which bike thing has been flogged, anyway ive been building tracks for around 10 years now as i also own a bobcat buisness, the only advice i can give you is to post a pic of the land you are building on so people have an idea on the layout. does it have trees, is it flat, does it have drops ect, the thing ive found is pen and paper very rarely translates to the actuall finished track simply because of the land its built on, so put up the pic and i think you will find someone will design the track you always dreamt of.

thanks for that kaos50 i will get a pic next time im up there!

its relitivly flat but in a slight slope. theres no drop offs or anything and its basicaly a nice pice of land (part of an 80 acre block) to put a track on! and its kind of grassy

the plan is to grade the track into the grass and get the shape we want, then ride around it for a bit to make sure it works well and then build all the berms and jumps.

so yeah, just need a starting point!

hers my attempt of a pitty track for u. i hope it helps and maybe u even choose mine. the jumps are at no scale u can make the size u want. and if u are not comfortable with doubles make tabletops. well here it is.
Untitled.jpg

oh yeh it was done in paint thats y it is all out of shaped but the colour of the words match to the colour of the jumps to act as a key. so im sorry if it aint a perfect drawing but thats becuase its in paint. i still think u get a good idea for a track design.

Latest posts

Back