Cam Timing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maslin

Reaction score
I cant get the the flywheel timing mark the same ? it won't let me.. Turn it and get near it then really hard to push.. finally move it but goes to far?

Whats the go?

When its REAL HARD to Spin that means the Piston ISNT at TDC which it should...you have to spin the Flywheel another 360 Degrees so when the Marks line up the Flywheel spins much Freely.

Check out Good Old AlexMan Cam Timing Video:

YouTube - ‪How To Set Cam Timing‬‎

Hope that helps!

mark on what? the magneto or the cam?

some engines the mark on the cam will be half a tooth above the mark on the head..

why cant you,, just turn it till its in the correct spot..
or have you already moved the cam gear and now the piston is hitting a valve? (locking up)

ah i think thats wats happened.. how do i fix it?

well which way did you move the cam timing and how many teeth?
revert what you did..

also why are you changing your cam timing?

the magneto timing with be on either side of the groove but wont go on it... ill figure it out 2morrow.. was just tryin to do it quick before it got dark.. n i'm doing vavle clearance.. and have done it before.. but thx for the info..the cam timing was off by one tooth

so it ran before all this$
and your trying to do the valve clearances!!

chances are it was only out by half a tooth, which is perfectly normal..

loose your rockers right off and youll be able to spin the magneto to where you want, then set the cam timing and re-adjust the valve clearance

na it wasn't running before this.. because the cam timing was off

Latest posts

Back