Can i govern my bike ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nostalgia

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if it is possible to govern the engine on my bike.

It is a 110cc Pitpro Semi Auto.

I have sold the bike but the buyer wants to know if it can be governed so their son can learn on it.

Cheers, Adam.

Yeah mate, i bought it 5 weeks ago.

My son refuses to ride it so i have sold it.

Lost out but that's life hey.

well some small bikes I think crf50 have governors on them, maybe you could get cfr50 throttle assembly but I have no idea if that would work.
I'd just mod the stock throttle so it only opens 1/3 of the way, It wouldn't be too hard but it'd much easier on one of those cnc 1/4 turns

sometimes kids dont deserve shit...

what is it? got so much that theyre bored with everything. playstations more fun.

they do deserve a leather belt over the arse a bit more often

I dont know if it will definately work but you could try this. Pull the top off the carb and if you open the throttle with it off you'll see that the slide pulls all the way up till it hits the top. I would try puting some sort of spacer on top of the slide so the spacer hits the top. In theory you will be making the slide longer therefore it wont open as much. Dont know if it will work but its worth a try

I dont know if it will definately work but you could try this. Pull the top off the carb and if you open the throttle with it off you'll see that the slide pulls all the way up till it hits the top. I would try puting some sort of spacer on top of the slide so the spacer hits the top. In theory you will be making the slide longer therefore it wont open as much. Dont know if it will work but its worth a try

thats a good idea mate you mean like get a tube the size of the slide and place on top right?

he means it would be easier to mod one of the 1/4 throttles.

EXACTLY

I also agree with matt, it's not a good idea to use the 1/4 turn tho if you could get a normal turn throttle that's the same as the 1/4 turn setup it'd be a perfect easy mod

use the outside of a pen inside the carby like the guys said above, just pull the top off take the cable out then put the cable through the pen then put it together, and as time goes by you can just shorten the pen so the carby opens up more as the kid gets used to it

that's very similar to the idea I had for the cnc throttle only on the carby end and it'll probably be even easier, take the slide to bunnings get a piece of pvc pipe the same size and experiment with different lengths

id be more inclined to drill into the throttle housing and setting a screw that can be removed. REALLY the new owner would be better off doing this as then it can be specifically set. The SAEF option, if they insist on you doing it would be to track down a PW50 assembly. It will have the restrictor screw built in, as can be seen in the picture...
IMG_3378.jpg

dont forget to let us know what you end up doing and getting some pictures!! Its bound to be asked again!

sometimes kids dont deserve shit...

what is it? got so much that theyre bored with everything. playstations more fun.

they do deserve a leather belt over the arse a bit more often

I hear ya mate. I tell ya, things were definetely different in my day.

I would have given anything to have a motorbike as a kid but
unfortunately, my Dad had his own business and when the recession hit in the late
80's early 90's, it hit us real hard.

I spent alot of my youth, 13-18 helping Dad with his business.
He was a plasterer.

I was hanging 6ft ceiling sheets at the age of 13.

My hard work did help in the short term but eventually, the business folded.

5 cars were repoed and the house almost went.

I am very grateful for my up-bringing as it has given me a very strong work ethic.

I am trying my best to pass this on to my kids, but kid's are a different
breed these days.

Life goes on, i have lost out big on selling this bike but.

Ok enough of my ranting.

Thanks again for the advice guys.

foolsp33d, i will post pics for sure.

Cheers, Adam.

Last edited:
mate 99% of us feel the same way (the other 1% got a bike:p)

The other 1% are very lucky hey !

Nah look, i have never ridden a bike in my life and i did take the Pitpro out to
a local 3 weeks back and boy i had a ball with it.

As i have said in another area of this forum, i would have loved to keep this bike for
myself but it was bought mainly for my eldest son.

I'm keeping the quad that we have and in the near future i will be looking for a 125cc Quad.

Adam.

Latest posts

Back