CARB TROUBLE?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CASHESVALLEY

Reaction score
Ok been around mx bikes all my life but just now getting into pit bikes. Bought a ssr 150tx used the other day. runs great on bottom and great on top up to about 400 at WOT. at end of pass you let off and you cannot get back on the gas without it bogging or quitting. if you feather the trottle and keep it running it is fine for another pass but does the same thing every time. i have cleaned and checked jets. main is a 102 piolot i could not make out. it sounds like the float may be too low so i adjusted that a little but it did not help. i may need to set it again. you have to lean the bike all the way down until the gas runs out the overflow.

any suggestion?

Have you checked things like
New plug?
Fuel cap breather faulty.
Check valve clearances.

Ok done all of the above, new plug valves cleaned and and blew out carb 4 times. Jetted 102 and 20. Checked and set float. Still doing same thing. Tired of pullin carb off. Time for new carb?

I have a SSR-125 and having same problem put a new carb and runs like a boss!

Chuck a mikuni vm 26 on it you cant go wrong

Now running 20 112.5 jets and its running fine. Just seems like a large main jet but running good.

it may have a vacuum leak, carby to manifold or manifold to head running that size jet?

start it ,
spray degreaser/wd40/crc on the intake manifold gaskets/seals , insulator plate and the fuel bowl of the carby too.
if the idle changes in any way for a second or so then there is a vacuum leak.

it may have a vacuum leak, carby to manifold or manifold to head running that size jet?

start it ,
spray degreaser/wd40/crc on the intake manifold gaskets/seals , insulator plate and the fuel bowl of the carby too.
if the idle changes in any way for a second or so then there is a vacuum leak.

Thanks, it did have a manifold leak into the head. running great.

Latest posts

Back