carby fell off while riding!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabomb

Reaction score
last weekend i started me bike up for a ride, doesnt like to idle with a oko 26mm(they are a horrible carby when they are cold) got it going and was cruisin around newcastle perving on all the action.
the bike kept stalling when i stopped, at the lights,stop signs roundabouts....

stopped at maccas and got some grease, some chicks came over to see the beast, (chicks dig minis) 1 of them pretend to take my L plate but allshe got was a handfull of dirty chain lube! after they left it didnt want to start again.

finally got it going and headed out to my mates house, was doing 60k and was 50m from my mates house, the stupid rubber mount from carby to manifold let go of the carby (i think it was vibration that caused it) and the carby was dangling along side the head holding on by the throttle cable. The bike bogged and stalled.

the carby manifold adapter must of had a mean air leak to cause it to stall at the lights.
had the shits with the oko 26mm so put the 25mm mikuni on, its so much more reliable than the oko 26mm.

Last edited:
hahaha well that was unlucky mate so the mikuni runs alot better.....is that just your stock carb that came with the rx, a mate of mine tried to put a oko28mm on his little piece of crap atomik 125cc, i told him the day he got it it was to big and wouldn't run but oh no yes it will he said.....that was months ago lol and his bike still sitting there not running with this massivle oversize carb hanging off it.

Nice to hear she's rego'd bruz ..... stair sets must be tempting .

ye the mikuni runs alot better..yer its the stock carby.

ye over sized carbys rnt good.

will still look for a decent carby...mite go jap.

yer dready its a gun of a thing, thank timmy for his help and old amte who brought it up!

i have 2 oko 26mils one on my rx no problems ever and one on my crf no problems ever aswell wat did u do to it dabomb lol

they dont idle properly, horrible when its cold, the rubber mount is a stupid design too.

Latest posts

Back