Carby for GPX 125?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkee

Reaction score
Hey guys... I have a 2007 Motovert Pro and I have just put in a GPX 125 motor...

The carby I am currently using isn't running properly and is annoying me.. I think its sucking too much air because when i stick my finger in the air intake hole and block off how much air is going in, It idles fine...

So Instead of stuffing around with the old carby I want to just get something new and better...

My questions are... What carby is everyone else running? What's the best carby I can buy? and where from?

Thanks =)

It's like one turn of a screw to adjust your carbie...

But depends what your looking for in a carbie:
- OKO 26mm flat side - snappy, good for racing. You can get it from Home Page - DHZ Mini Moto
- Keihin pe26 - all round smooth power. You can get it from Home Page - DHZ Mini Moto... but seems like there having issues with there current stock of them... or there just fakes. Probably look on ebay.
- Molkt 26mm - carby for people like me with bad throttle control lol. Only place I know online or these is ebay.

Search around on these 3 for more info.. the search function on this sites pretty useful :p

I'd say just tune what you have its pretty easy. Other wise get a molkt. But even still when you first put the carby on you will need to tune it... they don't come ready! Unless you get lucky.

I got an oko 26mm. They are sick as carbys. I highly recommend it. And I got mine for a bargain thanks to rach.

Yeh true... The one I have is really annoying though... The idle screw is at the very bottom... So there is no way to get a screw driver in to adjust it while the bike is running...

So I have to keep pulling the whole carby off and then adjusting it then put it all back on... It is very time consuming... And I still cant get it to run right

get a 26 mm oko from DHZ , is a bolt on carby for 140-150-160 engines just about . mite get away with stock jets on the 125 even .

How much are you willing to spend on this carby?

I honestly don't care... As long as it works and works well... I'm the kind of person that would rather go all out and buy the best even if it is over kill because i feel that it is better then buying something average and then it breaking or later upgrading and spending more $$

get a 26 mm oko from DHZ , is a bolt on carby for 140-150-160 engines just about . mite get away with stock jets on the 125 even .

I would buy it if someone else had the same setup and could tell me what jets they are running

Well get an oko... there the bee's knee's of the mini china world. Jetting would be like 96-98 main and like 36 pilot... double check with Sean01 or woggy should know?

Good info from the late great thump.

ok so the OKO 26mm Flatslide is regarded as a pretty versatile carby...

Over the months since i've had mine, i've had it on a couple of different bikes, and found it to work very very well....

Had a bit more shed time lately, so thought out of curiosity, i'd try it on everything i have...
Engines are as follows:
FYM110
Ducar 125 4 spd auto e start
Zonger 125 start in neutral
Lifan 140 worked off tits
Zongshen 250cc upright Gen I stock with big bore pipe
Zongshen 250cc upright Gen II stock with small bore pipe
Loncin Gen III L/C 250cc upright mild breathing mods, port matched, custom 32mm intake manifold, shorty muffler

I've fitted the 26mm oko to every one of these engines, using the same jetting, which was a K#36 pilot jet, JJH needle and K#98 main.

EVERY engine ran seamlessly from idle to redline, and EVERY engine experienced marked performance increases, both in power, torque, throttle response, and sadly exhaust volume.. Even the little 110 and the stock 125's...

I've come to the conclusion that the OKO 26mm Flatslide, is like a perky pair of 10D's... perfect in every situation...
What astounded me, was that NO jetting alterations were required for ANY of the engines, ranging from a bog stock 110cc horizontal, to a mildly worked 250cc upright with plenty of breathing mods.

China, we thank thee for thy bounty.. :D

Pretty sure that just means keihin style jets , which all oko flatties are i believe? dhz ones are anyway. and all the JJH needle is usually stock in them from dhz to.

Pretty sure that just means keihin style jets , which all oko flatties are i believe? dhz ones are anyway. and all the JJH needle is usually stock in them from dhz to.

Thanks for the info... I would rather buy the carby from DHZ but I want to try and get it tomorrow...

More questions for you.... =)

Instead of waiting for it in the post I thought I might drive to Motorbike City in Slacks Creek... Is that an ok shop?

What size jets does the 26mm carby come with stock? Should I buy the #36 and #98 jets separate? and do you think it will have the JJH Needle if i get it from Motorbike City?

Never shopped there , but heard its a good shop.

Best bet would be to ask them , they should happily fit or supply the jets you needs .

Thump*140 discovered what he did because AIR is pushed into an engine by positive atmospheric pressure ... The bore merely creates a vacuum that the atmospheric pressure rushes in to fill ... So theoretically the jetting should be the same for all engine sizes in a given sized carb ...

Pro Stock Drag Racer Bill Jenkins actually tuned his carbs on a flow bench ... OFF the engine ... He looked thru a special sight glass that allowed him to see the optimum atomised fuel droplet size ...

thats nuts cactus!
clever ay?

Yeh a 98 main and a 36 pilot should set u up fine.. mabs i 30 second play with the idle and mixture but otherwise it will be no worries tuning it

i put the GPX 125 in my motovert with the 26mm oko i had a minkini before from the old engines and ran like shit with the gpx but i had the oko anyway just dhz didn't sent the manfold with it
got it all from DHZ but not to sure about the jets in it since i don't ride that bike anymore

who ever you buy it from should be able to install the correct jets on the counter..
96/36 should be the go...

the only thing you have to do is dial the needle in which i recon 1 clip above center should be sweet..

Latest posts

Back