carby Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep change the air cleaner... get a decent uni filter

and jmadden.. does it just idle best there or it runs best there thru out the whole rev range

if its screwed all the way in and runs best there which seems funny then it needs a larger pilot

Lol sorry I meant larger. Hm just idles best there. Ill have a play and see how it goes throughout the whole range. Cheers

28 is too big, 26 would be Ok but may do the same thing its doing now.
im guessing its not a start in any gear engine which makes it hard as they dont rev up real quick..

genuine vm24 which is wat molkt's are a copy of is probly wat ya want... TBolt USA, LLC

ok yer its not a start in any gear engine i might just tune it a bit and let the motor die and buy a lifan 140cc start in any gear motor

and i noticed in yr other thread you were waiting for an exhaust gasket...
did you end up changing this? cause it can lead to weird problems
and did you raise the clip on the needle? middle is standard but may need to go up a notch

yeah tht will help but may not solve yr problem..
id try raising the clip on the needle one more notch and make sure the mix screw is set around 1.5- 2 turns out from closed

at the end of the day there could be heaps of things wrong with yr setup mate.. its a matter of trial and error on trying different tuning settings

now help me sean :p

mine runs too lean, especially at high revs it loses power and would backfire sometimes.

Here's what i'm thinking...move clip up to the top and also fiddle with mixture screw n hope it helps but I get confused at which way to turn mixture screw coz I thought you turn screw out for leaner (more air in) and turn it in for richer (less air in) but i think dvdrip was saying it's the other way round on the stock fakuni's (fake mikuni's)?

What's ya thoughts?

well moving the clip to the top notch is the leanest setting
and as for mix screw that only real changes idle and just off idle quality..
but its best to tune the mix screw with engine running, screw it in till nearly stalls and then slowly turn it out untill you get best idle quality.
if its got the correct pilot jet installed then the mix screw should be approx 1.5 - 2 turns out from fully closed.

another thing you need to work out is does it back fire and cough on full throttle or 3/4 throttle?
or does it hesitate at 3/4 then rev clean on full throttle
needle works till 3/4 throttle and main jet works from 3/4 to full..

its not too bad from idle to 3/4 but once you go like WOT it like bogs a bit and may backfire. you gotta like gradually build it up which is stupid lol.

i'll have to have another play around. check the jets aren't clogged up too.

Latest posts

Back