Carby Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
I was cleaning My Carburetor And I Took Out The 2 Jets And The Air/Fuel Screw. The Only Problem Was i Found A Spring But Dont Know Where It Came From Please Help Me Find Its Right Location Thanks.

When I Open My Throttle All The Way, It Sounds Like It Is Not Sucking In Air. Why?

For Some Reason, Whenever I Open The Throttle All The Way My Bike Sounds Like Its Not Sucking In Air And Is About To Bog Out. Why is this? I Recently Cleaned The Carburetor Out And The Air/Fuel And Jets Were Also Cleaned. Could The Air/Fuel Be The Reason? And Also My Bikes Idle Is Not RIght, It Sounds To Low, But I Adjusted It Many Times. Please Help Me Solve These Problems. Please look At The Link For My Problem>>> Pitbike Throttle Problem - YouTube

first check your valve clearance then clean your carb again and check for air leaks.. blow the carb out with compressed air too..

after that you may need to look at the electrics

Is This A Problem? Intake Problem Help!

On My Intake, There Is A Rubber Piece On The Back Of The Carburetor Connecting To The Intake Manifold. But Mine is RIpped And Missing A Piece of it. Can This Be A Problem? Can This Be Why My BIke Sounds Like it Is Not Sucking in of Air When i Open My Throttle All The way? Can This Cause An Air Leak Preventing My BIke From SUcking In Air? Please Help!! Im Stuck!:ballchain:

put a pic up mate...
your saying on the back of the carb but yet the manifold connects to the front..

but either way a rip or hole in any part is bad news.. if its in front of the carb it will cause a vacuum leak.
also obviously the rip is sucking in un filtered air so its a good quick way to dust your bore and toast your rings... not to mention wear out valve stems and guides....

I Meant The Front Then But How Do I Fix This?

With science.... LOL
small_sdc10145.jpg

measure the ouside of your carbys diameter with a tape measure. I think you'l find the bolt holes should be the same width.

How Do I Know What Size Throttle Cable To Get With A New Carb?

I Just Bought This Carb(MIKUNI VM22 26mm Carburetor Dirt Pit Bike Honda | eBay) For My SSR 125sr Pit. I Plan On Buying Either This Throttle(.TRC 1/4 Turn Throttle - Pit Bike Chassis Parts - Bars & Controls - TRC-0449 - TBolt USA, LLC) Or This One(Billet Throttle - 1/4 Turn). How Would I Know Which Throttle Cable Length To Buy. The Tbolt Throttle Gives Me The Option To Buy The Cable With It. If You Click The Link You Will See. Would That Cable Fit My Carb? Please Help.

I have the Billet Throttle 1/4 turn the second one that you have listed and it works great!

Tried Everything...Still Can't Get This Screw Out! How Do I Take It Out?!?!?

I Took Off My Carburetor To Inspect The Bowl And Adjust The Jets. I Have A Mikuni 22mm Carb. As I Was Removing The Four Screws On The Bottom, I Got Stuck On The Last One...I Tried 4 Different Screwdrivers And A Drill!!! And it Is Not Even Budging. I Think It Began To Strip. How Do I Remove This Last Screw? Keep In Mind This Carb Is Brand New. All I Did Was Install It And Start The Bike But The Bike Cutoff Due To No Gas. :frustrated:

If the drill doesn't get it out, probably nothing will. Could try an easy out or a impact driver.
[youtube]heeehFodi0w[/youtube]

[youtube]zf_B8u7mdes[/youtube]

mastercraft has a great little set of "screw outs" all you need is a small drill & this set

or.. you could just use Vice Grips, the Needle Tip kind tho, they'll lock in place!

then you can slowly, but surely.. get that last screw out Mate!

mastercraft has a great little set of "screw outs" all you need is a small drill & this set

or.. you could just use Vice Grips, the Needle Tip kind tho, they'll lock in place!

then you can slowly, but surely.. get that last screw out Mate!

Hallelujah! Im Buying That Tomorrow! Thanks

Latest posts

Back