Carby Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought this carb also and it works wonderful.. Just got to buy a bigger Main and Pilot at first and the fuel screw should be all the way in and about 1 turn out is good.

New Jets But How Do I Fit It In(pics)

Old Main Jet Is On The Right And New One On The left. How Would I Fit The New One In My Carb?
44.jpg
[/IMG]

7.jpg

4.jpg

And Why Is It So Different?

looks likt you have screwed the whole seat out. Put a spanner on the hex part and use a screw driver and screw the jet out.

/\ exactly what he said you only have to look at it see what's wrong!

yeah he screwed the hole thing out.. He needs to put some pliers on it and only screw the JET out

looks likt you have screwed the whole seat out. Put a spanner on the hex part and use a screw driver and screw the jet out.

It Worked Thanks And You Already Know I Bought A New Jets Kit With 4 Main And 2 Pilots Well When I Take Out The Main And Go From A 95 to A 100 Do I Need To Change The Pilot Too? And How Do You Know When Your Settings Are Right?

Try to fix 1 at a time. Whats the bike doing for you to want to change the jets??
If it wont idle or hard to start change your idle jet.
If it bogs down midrange its your needle height.
If it has problems mid throttle to top end its your main jet.

It Worked Thanks And You Already Know I Bought A New Jets Kit With 4 Main And 2 Pilots Well When I Take Out The Main And Go From A 95 to A 100 Do I Need To Change The Pilot Too? And How Do You Know When Your Settings Are Right?

Honestly i am using a 107.5 main and that is too small for my stock 125cc. So the 100 might be too small for you

Try to fix 1 at a time. Whats the bike doing for you to want to change the jets??
If it wont idle or hard to start change your idle jet.
If it bogs down midrange its your needle height.
If it has problems mid throttle to top end its your main jet.

It Has Problems Mid Throttle To Top End >>>>Pitbike Throttle Problem - YouTube When I Rev It Starts To Make That Sound When Its Opened About Halfway. I Changed My Spark Plug Because It Was Sooo Black And It Helped it A lot.

You need to TUNE the carb. The mixture screw sounds like it too far out and it sounds like you might be running too lean.. Richen her up and turn that mixture screw in.

You need to TUNE the carb. The mixture screw sounds like it too far out and it sounds like you might be running too lean.. Richen her up and turn that mixture screw in.

That Was An Old Video Before I Bought My New Carb And Jets I Will Post A New Video In Here Soon But I Thought It Was Rich?

Here Is The New Vid>>>http://youtu.be/TnPexEpJiv4<<< How Do I Know If Its Too Rich Or Lean?

Ok So it is all running well now I take it.
To check if it is to rich or lean you need to check the spark plug. Rich will be black.

SEARCHH is what you need to do..

Perfect color plug is Coffee Brown
Bad Plug is Light / White

Why does my bike get SO HOT???

I rode around my neighborhood 1 time, and its not that big, at full speed and the bike got really hot when I was done. Do I need an oil cooler? The exhaust was hot the Cylinder and even the spark plug was hot.

I rode around my neighborhood 1 time, and its not that big, at full speed and the bike got really hot when I was done. Do I need an oil cooler? The exhaust was hot the Cylinder and even the spark plug was hot.

It could be a number of things mate..

Firstly, it could be Karma. If you get caught then wont have that problem cause you wont have a bike to worry about.

Stop riding the freakin streets.

Secondly, it sounds as if it is running lean. Especially if your exhaust is running hot.
Theres a few threads on carb setup in the tutorial area. Might pay to have a read through them.

Latest posts

Back