Cash's Crf50 Project Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or chuck a bulkier tyre on rear irc or something like that, yer lets see a recent pick with todays newspaper haha

Haha, fair point to be honest my bike still looks like the photos sadly because i am working away from home and dont get to ride it. I just finished my build and left for work.
Agree it wasnt my first pick for tyre i want to get another one soon.

I see you constructed a CRF out of pure win; was that expensive? :D

Loving the stock graphics mate, such a tidy look!

I see you constructed a CRF out of pure win; was that expensive? :D

Loving the stock graphics mate, such a tidy look!

Thanks mate! Up until now I didn't know how much it cost me but I just did some figures just then, Although I am sure I have missed somethings. It has cost me about $6500 without postage on anything.
During this build I was an apprentice and did go without many things for my beauty.

Thanks for everyones support.

the redbaron disk handbrake kit
do you like it thinking about getting one myself
was the cable long enough that they supplied to cope with the longer aftermarket frame and swingarm?
with out being to tight?

the redbaron disk handbrake kit
do you like it thinking about getting one myself
was the cable long enough that they supplied to cope with the longer aftermarket frame and swingarm?
with out being to tight?

If you want a hand brake it's great and easy to fit cable worked perfect even with a +4 size swinger.
Just factor in the building of the rear wheel. I trued it up my self it's not that hard if you wana give it a bash. The only think I regret was putting the tyre on my self and scratching the rim! Arg
Yer it's a well made mod in all. Good luck with the decision mate

Went for my second ever ride this weekend while i have a few days back at home.
just to realize that it really needs a tune. (dang it) i am away again as of 5am tomorrow....
and i lost timos number so no booking it in either.

After wait for my frame for over six months. The complete build taking around 9 months (between working away) I only go to ride it twice (after its tuned up) before leaving for Canada last October.
I look back at my pictures and begin to tear up..
My bikes last resting place as i left it.
P1000003.jpg

Wish the engine showed up shinny as it is.

Last edited:
nice bike an nice to see you can in AUS i gotta ask how is Canada easy to get work? im thinking of making a huge move when i get older(30 something) and Canada and Alaska are the 2 places i need to decide between...

nice bike an nice to see you can in AUS i gotta ask how is Canada easy to get work? im thinking of making a huge move when i get older(30 something) and Canada and Alaska are the 2 places i need to decide between...

Depending on the kind of work its not that bad, I just moved to Kelowna and looking for a job in Carpentry or hopefully kitchen joinery.
I have another year and a half on my visa left.

Hey Cash. Mate I'm a real newb to this whole mini bike thing and really considering getting one. How long did you have your crf50 standard until you started to do the mods. The reason why I'm asking is that I'm from a bmx and freeride mountain biking background and don't really know too much about these 50's. I'm not sure whether to just get a new crf50 and slowly make changes or just build a bike. I'm about 84kgs so I'm not sure if I'll break the thing when I start jumping on them. Thanks for your help in advance.

hey onto, i can tell you now, the best thing youll ever do is buy a crf 50, they are awesome if you are coming from a BMX background and only takes around $500 to get them to adult "rideabity" haha, you can get crazy with them and spend thousands of dollars, but if your after a reliable bike and dont need a huge amount of power, then buy a crf 50,
trust me, they are great haha

Hey Bilco, Yeah I can see guys like Cash can get pretty crazy with them and spend quiet a bit of money but looks like their heaps of fun so it's all good. Anyways I'm gonna go see a friend who's family owns a honda bike shop and help hook me up with one.

good choice mate, as soon as you get one dont forget to put up a build thread with all the mods you add to it! everyone loves to see a honda build!

Sorry for the late reply.. you have bmx / FR background is a great start.
I had a CRF50 before this one that I hadnt crazily modified, just the essentials for "adult rideabity" i.e. Triple clamp, bmx bars, throttle, heavy duty springs, longer fork legs, block raiser for rear shock.
Thats all that bike ever saw it never got a big bore and still remember jumping bmx style jumps and a tranny of 25 foot or more on that stocka though the run up was large to get speed.

You dont need to spend a lot of money to have a heap of fun on a 50, it was just a dream build i wanted. You can get a heap of power out of them but it dose not come cheap.
China bikes are cheap but not the same. hondas hold there own and many here show respect to honda builds.

When do you go back? Would love more pictures of it =)

At the moment it looks like a year depending on what happens here I guess.
I look forward to seeing my toys that I left behind.. I just bought a car here in canada for some fun haha.

Latest posts

Back