Castrol magnatec 10w 40?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

028NVD

Reaction score
As per title, is castrol magnatec 10w40 the right stuff for my motor (bse 140)????
Wasnt 100% sure so thought I'd ask :)

carefull using car oil as they often have anti friction aditives that are not good for the clutch (can cause the clutch to slip). I stick with bike specific oils.

NO I wouldn't use that stuff in a china motor

just stick with Castrol Activ 4t and you'll be fine

Ah shit thanx for the heads up guys, I just bought a 1L bottle then wondered if it was the stuff I needed, I'll see if I can swap it for a bottle of activ 4t tomorrow

carefull using car oil as they often have anti friction aditives that are not good for the clutch (can cause the clutch to slip). I stick with bike specific oils.

i have never had a problem using car oil and i have never had a problem with a clutch

Ive used it in every china engine i have had , no problems with clutch or anything.

Its cheap as chips so can change it very often.

i use silkolene 10-40 4T. bit pricey but it seems to be good

most car oils suck once oil get hot performance is down the drain and clutch slips like crazy

well hasnt been the case for me , ive run it for ages without changes in one of my old engines and ive never experienced a clutch slip.

This is with magnatec 10/40..

yeah it might work ok but definitely not recommended.

just remember a car engine doesnt have a clutch or a gearbox to worry about so motorcycle oil is a special blend..

basic non friction modified oils are fine for cars and motorbikes,if you have ever pulled a car or motorcycle engine down they all run the same tensile bearings gears etc etc the only difference being the wet clutch a basic motorcycle clutch is the same material as those used in any wet type clutch setup (lawnmower,tractor etc etc )which will basically run sweet on any non friction modified oils,a automatic transmission runs the same material clutches but runs a hydraulic type oil for its hydraulic abilities in gear shifting and coupling drive abilities,so basically running different kinds of non friction modified oils will make jack sh$t difference,klm oil from kmart is cheap and is a valvoline product and works fine

basic non friction modified oils are fine for cars and motorbikes,if you have ever pulled a car or motorcycle engine down they all run the same tensile bearings gears etc etc the only difference being the wet clutch a basic motorcycle clutch is the same material as those used in any wet type clutch setup (lawnmower,tractor etc etc )which will basically run sweet on any non friction modified oils,a automatic transmission runs the same material clutches but runs a hydraulic type oil for its hydraulic abilities in gear shifting and coupling drive abilities,so basically running different kinds of non friction modified oils will make jack sh$t difference,klm oil from kmart is cheap and is a valvoline product and works fine

dont really understand most of your post. i understand what yr getting at but thats all lol

and what lawnmower or tractor runs a wet clutch?

and cars dont run roller type bearings..they use slipper type which is made from different materials..

I run semi-synthetic 10-40w Nulon or elf. Which is car oil.
All the same stuff just one says for Motorbike and the other for Cars

hey sean
what i was basically saying was oils are oils there basically all gonna do the job,some ride on mowers and small tractors run wet clutches

Latest posts

Back