China syndrome

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next problem I forsee is the exhaust. Because with the BBR style frame, I expect the exhaust will need to pass inside the frame.

the pitpro may run a similar frame im not sure but from the pics it doesnt appear that it would foul on the frame unless you are running the suspension through the stroke. trick looking bike though:D

rockstar grafix look pretty trick dont they? it shouldnt foul or touch unless you are running the shock right through its stroke

yeah rockstar grafix look trick it shouldn't foul unless you are running the shock right through its stroke

The brake lever I ordered arrived today ... and wouldnt you know it, its not gunna fit.

192653502_o.jpg

The offset is just all wrong, and its not like you can bend it to make it fit ...
This bloody project is fighting me every step of the way and I think its just going to be easier to revert back to the origonal frame ( where everything fits ) and ride the bloody thing.

If I had a bit more time and patience I could make it work but im running out of both.

It seems to me that taking a complete bike and trying to swap everything over isnt the answer. The frame is more suited to a ground up rebuild where you can buy parts that fit rather than trying to make parts fit.

Last edited:
there isnt a bike called mojo outlaw, motovert called one of there old 140cc motor the motovert outlaw.

the provert is the same frame to Tina's, they came out in 06

the 06 provert was the only bike called a provert they drop the name to a motovert pro in the 07,08,09 models

you have no idea do ya corey

yes mojo did have a bike called the outlaw 140 and it's exactly where they got the name for the outlaw engine

here's a pic of one
http://www.buzzbikes.com.au/events/BuzzClub/images/Andrew_wp800.jpg

wait here's 2 of em in one pic
http://www.buzzbikes.com.au/events/BuzzClub/images/Greg2_wp800.jpg

dont talk to me about boats mate i know boats

I recon what i'll end up doing is put the PIMPIT back together with the old frame and use that for dirt.
Then take the BBR style frame and do that up as a mini motard when time and money ( and patience ) permits. Ive got a new set of motard rims and tyres so im part way there.

On a slightly different note ... I recently bought an 'Easy Trailer' and set it up as a bike trailer.

trailer.jpg

I bought a 6 x 4 chassi kit, then added the chequer plate and made up a frame for the end to pull the bikes up against. Cost me about $800 all up, which isnt a cheap bike trailer, but its very light and folds up for storage.

you have no idea do ya corey

yes mojo did have a bike called the outlaw 140 and it's exactly where they got the name for the outlaw engine

here's a pic of one
http://www.buzzbikes.com.au/events/BuzzClub/images/Andrew_wp800.jpg

wait here's 2 of em in one pic
http://www.buzzbikes.com.au/events/BuzzClub/images/Greg2_wp800.jpg

dont talk to me about boats mate i know boats

when motovert slap a few bikes and old parts that are laying around, you don't call that a range of bikes.. like the 30 off crf70 size bikes mojos had at end last year they aint case as a range of bikes, most people wouldn't know about them!

your plan of building the bbr style bike as a second bike could be a good one, that’s how I did mine I had my old bike to ride while I built the new one. These frames can really test your patience, soooo many little bits that crop up and are generally not available, but at the end the reward is in my opinion worth all the anxiety and stress. keep going you have already acheived the basis of an awsome bike

Tina

your plan of building the bbr style bike as a second bike could be a good one, that’s how I did mine I had my old bike to ride while I built the new one. These frames can really test your patience, soooo many little bits that crop up and are generally not available, but at the end the reward is in my opinion worth all the anxiety and stress. keep going you have already acheived the basis of an awsome bike

Tina

Thanks Tina :D

hey mate i might have a brake that would fit ?? its an over the top one.

Well if I go down the motard only route ... i wont need one.
Its not just the brake, its a few other things aswell.
Thanks for the offer though dude.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back