Clunking or Ticking? Urgent

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOXraceWES

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I went out this morning and wheeled my bike around the drive once I lubed it up, every few feet I would hear a clunk coming from the rear of the bike. I've tried to get my ear close but can't determine where it's from.

Anyone know of any problems? I will also get my friend to look in a few hours.
Thanks.

Check your chain guide , sometimes the chain climbs up the inside of the chain guide and clunks and then drops. Often results because your wheel spacers are back to front or your chain guide isnt spacer correctly.

Also make sure your china chain isnt kinking and skipping teeth on the front sprocket

The drive train on import bikes is the worst thing about them.

Thank you for such a quick response unit_mx.

Considering I'm not very well educated on maintaining motorbikes, maybe you could explain in more depth for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

I have a motocross racer coming up in the next day or so because he's giving us a free, three motorbike trailer. He said I can have it and if I weld it up and fix it up I can have it but on condition he can use it whenever he needs it.

Yes, so about this clunking. Maybe you could go in to more depth? I'll read my manual in the next few hours as it's currently midnight.

Sounds like either the chain or the rear wheel bearing ... Put the bike up on a stand or milk crate and rotate the rear wheel while listening for the clunk to pin point where it's coming from ... Every few feet is a full rotation of the rear wheel and chain ... LOL ... It could be something as simple as the link coming out ...

Latest posts

Back