Clutch problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tibor81

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a tmx pro 49cc quad for my son, it need new clutch so I replaced it but now it doesn't really want to go, I noticed the springs were slot stronger on the new clutch, also I noticed one pad on the clutch has already come off. Are all the clutches universal for these bikes or should I have bought a certain one? Any suggestions? My son is 6 and about 20kg

Thanks

It is a three pad clutch, is it worth while just bulk vying clutches ? Also any tips for quieting the exhaust?
Thanks

Is this a plate type clutch or go cart style? If you purchased on eBay they have to allow refunds if noted on the ad

They use a centrifugal clutch,
a new one cost about $8 ono including delivery off ebay
2 Stroke Clutch Assembly FR Mini ATV Quad Dirt 43cc 47cc 49cc Pocket Rocket Bike | eBay

images

These clutch's are the better one's, they grab harder.
The only thing is they have heavier spring's again, (designed for adult use ?)

$_57.JPG

The mufflers on some pocket bike can be pulled apart, you can stuff them with muffler packing, ($13 for a pack at motorcycle shop)
But they don't usually come with any packing
Motorcycle Motorbike Exhaust Muffler Wool Fiberglass Packing Dirtbike Bike Motor | eBay
Bunning's sell fibreglass matting too, might be cheaper to buy a small pack from there and shred it then pack it with that.
Don't pack it in too solidly though.

Latest posts

Back