Crf 100 vs DHZ 140cc out law

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam_47

Reaction score
I've been riding my friend crf 100 and just woundering if I get the DHZ 140, would it keep up. Also i really like the handing of the crf 100 , is there any good pit bikes out there that would be around the same size, or have the same handling of the 100.
thanks, cam

ahh now for speed im not sure, you wont get any china pitbike that will even compare to a hondas quality nor have the handling like one, unless you want to pay 3500 for a pitster pro lxr 160 and they are still not as big as the crf100 because they only run 12-14 inch wheels. If your after somthing far size good suspension and go like a honda, buy a honda you wont get a pit bike anything like one unless you wanna pay big money
and no worrys mate :)

if ya got the coin, go a crf150r...you can get a secondhand 1 for about the same price as a top of the range pister pro...and youll be about to blaster ya mates crf100

take note tho that there is 2 models of the crf150's, theres the crf150F and crf150R..i guess the performance from both speak for itself the R model is race version and the F version is for fun or farm use...

just for reference on the 2 models... Honda CRF 150F 2007 - eBay Honda, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Oct-09 23:28:17 AEDST)

CRF150R 2007 MODEL - eBay Honda, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Oct-09 17:33:07 AEDST)

Last edited:
The CRF100F is a very well balanced bike and it is superbly built and almost bullet proof.
However they are not the best to do big jumps with as the vertically mounted engine forms part of the stress member of the frame and you can crack the castings on the engine unless you go with a aftermarket under engine frame cradle. (from BBR Motorsports)

The DHZ140 will blow it away off the line however it is a less refined ride, the CRF is a very smooth progressive bike that has excellent gear ratios through it's five speed box and ridden by someone who knows how quite fast.
It rides on a 19" front wheel and a 16" rear wheel with a pro-link suspension set up, and soaks up the bumps very nicely, also note the front rake on the front wheel compared to a china pitbike.

It's all about the design, Honda got it right and the combination works very well. The CRF80F is identical underneath except for the length of the front forks, the length of the rear swing arm and it has smaller wheels.

Remeber this bike is Hondas fun bike so it is not designed to be a performance powerhouse but a very easy to ride smooth bike. They make the CRF150R which is a ball tearing beast that would leave the DHZ in a cloud of dust and rocks! however the maintance on this bike is extreme.

The interesting thing about the CRF100F is that as it comes from honda it is asleep! (but very reliable) and there are so many hot up kits for this bike it is unreal. If you have some serious coin you can get around 18 HP from the engine with a Kitaco 145 DOHC (Dual over head cam) kit but you could buy three DHZ bikes for the cost of the kit alone. And well remember a new CRF100F is $4000 to start with!! A 120 bore kit with cam is around $400.00.

So to answer your question the DHZ will out grunt the CRF100F but the CRF100F will last for ever and be a much nicer ride.

The XR100 is virtually identical to the CRF100F underneath, they just updated the plastics.

mate thats an excellent write up/review/comparison.
im guessing youv had a bit to do with them
one thing not mentioned so far is that the crf150R is spose to be honda's replacement for the cr85r altho they need a little work to be equal..

also the crf150R comes in small wheel and big wheel variety (crf150RB) and the big wheels are becoming a very popular flat track bike

wow, All great replys. So I geuss the DHZ would be faster , but obisly the crf 100 would never comper in handling and relierbility. Do you think the DHZ 140 would be a good little bike for me , as it would be my first pit bike. I mean as in handling and size. I would like to know if I should bother buying a pitty for around $100-$1400 or save up a little more and buy my mates crf 100 for $2300. I like the sound of how fun and eseay pit bike are to handle , but I do like the handling on the honda.
Thanks for your great help, sorry for the spelling.:)

mate cheap china bikes are high maintenance, and unless you have abit of knowledge in the area get a honda or better yet get a Kawasaki, but other wise the dhz as far as i have heard are aiight bikes

For $2300.00 that is a reasonable price, not cheap but not excessive either.
Thing is it will still be worth a reasonable amount of money in the future long after most chinas are forgotten.
however once again the DHZ which is backed by an excellent company will be a lot of fun.

What sort of riding will you be doing?

I would say mainly trails riding, and a fair bit of jumping, but only 2-3 meter gaps, and probly just flat landing. . As it would be my first bike, what is the extra matanence on the DHZ compered to a honda? Howwould the DHZ handle the jumps?
thanks, cam

i have a dhz 140 and they handle jumps really well, i had a 40 ft tabletop and i did that easy didnt even worry the suspension, i had another tabletop that was pretty well straight up it launched me a lot higher and it was about 25 ft long and it still didnt worry the suspension on my dhz :)
i was on a xr100 the other day which ive heard are pretty well the same as a crf100 and the dhz had a bit better top end, but the xr had better bottom to mid range power because it has more gears so its all closer together, and the jumping of the xr100 had nothing on the dhz :)

the dhz will be better for racing and speed
just because its from japan doesn't mean its the best and just because it from china doesn't mean its crap

a friend of mine has a kawasaki same cc but mine was a bit bigger
we both rode the motovert and the kawasaki and the motovert was the fastest out of the two
but his kawasaki died that day:rolleyes:

I am looking for a second hand cr yz, or rm 125 2 stroke now, But if i can't find one within my districted , hopfuly I will get the dhz 160, but i hear there is problems with the suspention, or something like that?? is this true, also after i save up enough, I am looking to buy a crf, or xr 50, but i have found a genuine thumpstar for 800 bucks, comparded to a crf wich would be the pick? thanks

THUMPSTAR SUPER 110CC - Trading Post, Cam

Last edited:
It's a nice bike, but too much money, JUst something to jump and around the size of a crf 50, Like a bike to ride other than my 2 stroke(when i get it:)), any thoughts on the little thumpstar.
Cam

i think that thumpstar will be a bit bigger than a crf50, if you want a crf50 size bike you might as well wait and get a cheap xr50 or crf50 they arnt much more.

DEFINITELY A GENUINE CRF50 would be the way to go mate! You will have the Best fun on a Stocker plus seen they are HONDA...they are almost BulletProof ;)

If I had a choice between a Stocker or a Thumpstar I wouldnt even think about the China Bike! You can pick up a decent Stocker for $800+ depending on what Mods it has.

Either way go a HONDA haha! You wont regret it

Also, A mate I know might be selling a 2000 xr50 for around $300-$500 ben a batterd and tossed around a bit but still gose fine, althuogh I have seen some crf 50s on ebay, e'g, last week there was a brand second hand 2009 crf 50 for $1500 loked brand new, just have to keep my eye out, for them , :)

For speed it shouldn't have to much problems keeping up ,but for handling I would go for a honda

gotta make ya mind up

Mate ya really cant compare a crf100 to a DHZ140/160.
Ive got a pitsterpro X4r 160, CRF100 (ex missus bike), TE450, RM250 and sherco 2.9 trials. Cant compare the CRF and the DHZ mate because 1 is a pitbike and the other is a kids real bike. Pitbikes basically in my opinion are great fun but not comparable to a full size bike. If you are looking at getting into riding in general then i would definately recomend getting your 125 smoker!!! (if its not too crazy...if it is then maybe something along the lines of the crf100 or even 150 although they are watercooled and much higher maintanence) CR's YZ's KX's and RM's are all exellent bikes!! Lots of idiots will tell you other wise but they can all be great bikes if looked after!!
The handling and perfomance of a pitbike can not even be compared to that of a fullsize mx bike if thats what were looking at. Pitbikes are great fun for playing around on or even racing but only against other pitbikes!! You are running 10" - 14" wheels and no matter what anyone sais they are unstable!!
If you seriously want to get into riding competitively from scratch and build up skills in a positive way (something that you can progress with) then mototrials is the best place to start!! But a lot of people are really hard to convince in that area and trials is such a small sport in australia....but quickly growing!!
but yeah definately an mx bike is a much better move than a pitbike if it is riding big bikes that you want to get into. A lot of the big race teams in the US have banned their riders playing on pitty's because of the injuries they were sustaining off the racetrack....but yeah dont get me wrong...I love my pitties but yeah I guess ya really gotta work out what sort of riding ya wanna do!!

Latest posts

Back