Crf150RB

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much is shipping tho?? coz im sure u cld find one here for less than wat it would cost to get it from US

I reckon you would still save even with shipping..
I dont know the exact cost but when I bought my Fox Comp 5 boots I saved about $80 getting it from the US :)
I do want to support local businesses but nearly $100 is very tempting

Mate tyd obviously has some experience, and he has advised you to go and try some on. Everyones body is different, and their helmets are different, and people wear neck braces. The last thing you want to do is take advice from a guy thats nine foot tall and 130 kg only for you to buy it and be a complete waste of money. I have been riding for yonks. And my advice is the same as tyd. Take you helmet, neck brace, shoulder brace, whatever to the shop and try some on. I once bought a helmet cos everyone said they were cool and "its the best and the pros use it". Worst helmet i have ever bought.

Reactions: TyD
cheers nemo86.
so you reckon go the jacket way?

and TyD, I have been riding for one year. I havnt owned much gear etc...
just cause you probably have decades of experience, doesnt mean everyone does.
I just want ideas of what im looking at before I go wandering around it stores not having a clue what im there for.

I haven't been around for 'decades' haha... I just believe you need to go in and see what YOU like... Know one else should have a decision in what you're going to get, unless it's your 'rents that are paying...

Just go wondering around like you said, have a look at prices and try shit on... I haven't used body armor since I was around 11yrs old. A lot has changed since then. What are you wanting to protect?

I went in today and figured im medium, and either gonna get the fox airframe or fox raceframe.

What are you wanting to protect?

well, firstly from the roost of other people, then my mate said it helps you getting winded and stuff when you crash, and also would save me from gettin my ribs snapped if anything shot up into them.

Different boots have different fits.....i prefer Alpinestars but i am wearing fox at the moment. Go try some on at your local bike shop and get the US size, once you have that you can go mad.

Also for chest protection you will find that those big suit are annoying and hot to wear. A lot of people use the Thor ones and the Fox titans. I use both but i find the Titan to breath a lot more and you can move around more aswell Bto have the Thors on special for $80 US...i think mine came to $90 or $100 :)

Also for chest protection you will find that those big suit are annoying and hot to wear. A lot of people use the Thor ones and the Fox titans. I use both but i find the Titan to breath a lot more and you can move around more aswell Bto have the Thors on special for $80 US...i think mine came to $90 or $100

yeah cheers for that.
what do you think is Thor's equivalent of Fox's Raceframe.
do you reckon the quadrant or the sentinel?
and would their sizing be the same, like if im M in fox, should I be M in thor.
cause I dont really wanna go and try it on again.
ahh f*ck but then I should try it on because it might feel completely different :(
grrrrrrrrrrrrr

so where the vid mitch

what vid?

The Thor sentinel is the one i use. There is ONLY two sizes; Adult and Youth but the Youth is for like 6 years old so go with the Adult size. Thor - Sentinel Chest Protectors - BTO Sports

I prefer the Fox one because i can wear it under my jersey and put my neck brace ontop of my shirt and it feels a lot lighter! Although its just the padding one...im not to sure on sizing because i got this custom made by my friends sponsor. Heres a pic of it anyway: Fox - 2011 Titan Sport Subframe - BTO Sports

yeah cheers for that.
what do you think is Thor's equivalent of Fox's Raceframe.
do you reckon the quadrant or the sentinel?
and would their sizing be the same, like if im M in fox, should I be M in thor.
cause I dont really wanna go and try it on again.
ahh f*ck but then I should try it on because it might feel completely different :(
grrrrrrrrrrrrr

what vid?

the video of you riding the beast

its at the very bottom of page 4
it appears to be a picture but just click it and it takes you to the vid
please dont watch it though cause I was sooooo slow in that video, and that was only the second day on it.
had some good fun with a mate on wednesday in the wet weather, sliding round every corner :) it was sick

The Thor sentinel is the one i use. There is ONLY two sizes; Adult and Youth but the Youth is for like 6 years old so go with the Adult size. Thor - Sentinel Chest Protectors - BTO Sports

I prefer the Fox one because i can wear it under my jersey and put my neck brace ontop of my shirt and it feels a lot lighter! Although its just the padding one...im not to sure on sizing because i got this custom made by my friends sponsor. Heres a pic of it anyway: Fox - 2011 Titan Sport Subframe - BTO Sports

They look nice and light but do they dont offer any protection on your arms?
like the other day I fell off my bike at low speed, slid on the ground and got a decent cut down my arm just cause I wasnt wearing any protection on my arms.
jerseys do shit all

if you were to recommend a plastic one, which would it be?

Im not to sure.....its been like 3 years since i have used the chest protectors with the arm protectors. Its your pick with what you like the feel off......The other Fox hardshell ones are pretty good from what i have heard because Fox have put a lot of effort into making their gear so you can trust them.

When I use to wear body armor, I took the arm protection off... It's no use and annoying. How do you cut your arm, didn't you put your hands out ?

When I use to wear body armor, I took the arm protection off... It's no use and annoying. How do you cut your arm, didn't you put your hands out ?

Yeah I would probably take the arm protectors off too cause they are all dangly and stuff.
well it was going down a hill and the bike slipped over and I kinda slid down the hill on my arms and chest and must have gone over a rock or something..
the ground was pretty wet as well

:) to be honest I love having something to show (injuries) for riding mx

by the way guys we have decided to buy the raceframe at our local store cause we discovered that we have a 20% discount card from when I bought the bike.
dad and I are going halvies :)

031009_041250_06040003L.jpg

you guys probably all have them but if you want your rents to pay for armor just tell your mum how dangerous it is riding without one ;) worked for me

support aussie businesses
:D

Last edited:
Haha well dont say it so blatantly but you know what I mean.
my mates family has made a rule that they cant go riding without armor and mum was talking to their mum about it and thats what got her thinking that I should too...

Latest posts

Back