crf50 88kit help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12599

Reaction score
yer yehh as the title says, need a lil help with my crf 50 stocka, recently put a 88 kit ina and a TB manual clutch links if that helps :confused: .

Classic Honda 50's Australia - TB Manual Clutch Kit [TBW0954]
Classic Honda 50's Australia - TB Stock Head, 88cc Bore Kit, 20mm Carb Kit, Cam - 92-08 Models [TBW0930]

yer well anyways I did my mates 88 kit and all worked perfect started first kick and has never missed a beat.
when I did mine all was well but I put the carb slide in the wrong way (didn't no at the time). when I started it it revved really high and b4 I even got to have a think about what might be wrong my step dad was fooling around with the idle screw and what not(thinks hes knows it all).
than I fingered out that it was wrong way changed it and it didn't rev real high, but because someone fooled around with the carb wont mention any names it dosent run really well. It is hard to start and wen it starts it wont idle until its warmed up and if you move the idle screw so it does than it idles to high. yeh you get my point and I pulled the spark plug out and it is black as!! its a platinum tip plug btw. how do i get my bike to run like my mate? carby come pre set dont they? well now its all messed up lol.

just wished it run aswell as it looks i put alot of time and effort into this plz!! help
P9090259.jpg

crap pic but you get my point yeh.
P9090257.jpg

btw timing is perfect and tappets have been adjusted couple time still does same thing. also just stalls randomly, dosnt run like a honda :(

hmm... starting to wonder if the initial red-line at start-up may have been a bit upsetting for the new bits... is the bottom end rattling?? had an old suzook do the same thing when "someone" tinkered with the carby and put the slide in backwards...
might be worth pulling things apart and checking for any damage...
It's also possible the jetting/carby settings arent exact..

always milf boy, are you running stock head & stock carby with a pod filter?

if so .... dont run the pod as it wont work with that set up

narr 20mm carb ladd and i used the filter i got with the kit check the link and yeh stock head. ohh and got new pegs just haven't put em on yet. and mini mullisha dont rember typing weather or not i cared what you think about the clutch, may wanna re read the thread CORRECTLY and only put your input if it is use full and could be put into consideration.
thanks
and thump I have riden it it goes no weird noises or nothing just wont run properly stalling and wont idle ect.

come on ppl, bit lazzy today? from the pointless posts ''why would you get 88 kit & man clutch & still have the stock foot pegs & mounts''
''clutchs are GAY!!''
I have gathered no information useful,
nothing i can put in place, i have riden the bike been throw all the gears no weird noises, apart from when i stop riding it stall and wont idle hard to start ect. it dosnt bogg or nothing once its goin it goes quiet well. how can this be fixed so when i start it it just idles nicely

Hmmm...So your riding and it goes fine but when it is in Neutral not doing anything it stalls and wont Idle???

Maybe have you double Checked the Carby out...? Check up on the Slide, make sure it is in properly and that it slides right down the bottom of the Carby. You should only see around a 5mm gap between the bottom of the slide and the Carby...looking from the air intake inlet.

Also fiddle around maybe with the Idle Screw again...and have your Air Screw out 1 1/2-2 turns out from seated making sure 1 turn out is a complete 360 degree turn.

Just try and get it running right from Idle and see what happens.

Hope that helps. GoodLuck with it ;)

Hmmm...So your riding and it goes fine but when it is in Neutral not doing anything it stalls and wont Idle???

Maybe have you double Checked the Carby out...? Check up on the Slide, make sure it is in properly and that it slides right down the bottom of the Carby. You should only see around a 5mm gap between the bottom of the slide and the Carby...looking from the air intake inlet.

Also fiddle around maybe with the Idle Screw again...and have your Air Screw out 1 1/2-2 turns out from seated making sure 1 turn out is a complete 360 degree turn.

Just try and get it running right from Idle and see what happens.

Hope that helps. GoodLuck with it ;)

thanks tommy soo screw the idle screw rite in, then out 1 1/2 or two turns and just go from there i adjusted it once it was warm and goin but was hard to start, and had it idling and than rode it and was perfect than just randomly stoped and was hard to start again but once it got warm it was right,

no no, screw the air/fuel screw right in, then turn 1.5 turns out... not the idle screw...

just had a look the air/fuel screw its the 1 with the flat head screw ayee well its the 1 thats not the idle screw it never got moved and its factory set isnt it? cause its got nicko pen lines on it and they both line up like they should.

think you got em wrong way round sunshine... idle screw is sometimes the one with a spring on it.. tell ya what... with the engine turned off, undo the one you *think* is the idle screw until it comes out of the carby... should have a spring on it somewhere... air/fuel screw wont... and the idle screw is much "thicker" at the end that screws into the carby... Air/fuel screw has a small pointy end..

yep i no the ones now i can c the spring and that the 1 i though was the idle screw and it is the other 1 air/fuel its the 1 that never got touched and has the lines on it

ok the one on the left with texta mark, that's your fuel/air screw. The other one is your idle adjustment screw... which if you have undone it a fair bit, is probably half the reason it's not starting or idling properly... :) bit hard to tell from the pic, but it looks a fair way out...

righto i think ill go over my mate and have a gander at his

yer cause wen it started it idle really high soo i gues my step dad unscrewed it abit than i turned the slide around there for it now being way to low

easiest way to adjust it right first time, start it up, keep the revs going with throttle, then bit by bit wind in the idle adjust until the screw picks the idle duties up off the throttle...
ie, the idle screw makes it idle, not revving the throttle to keep it running.. :)

if you go to your mates.. count how many turns it takes..(be VERY careful and count out loud even!) to wind it all the way in.. make sure his is back to runnin how it was.. (wind out X amount) , then run home, and report back to us if its worked or not :D

EDIT: or take the bike there n do it :D

P9090262.jpg

witch 1 do i do what with lol

Yeah mate you've got EXACTLY the same TB 20mm Carb I just got going the weekend gone by after a few Problems!!!haha. Sounds like you have a problem I faced with mine.

Yep the Air Screw is the small one on the left side with the texta mark on it...this should be set at 1 1/2-2 turns out from Seated...dont forget that 1 turn out is a complete 360 degrees :D

The other BIGGER SCREW is your Idle Screw...which changes the Revs...and this is the one you have to fiddle round with until your 88 seems to Idle NORMAL!!!

ALSO as I said, double check that the SLide/Throttle is working fine and make sure that the slide goes back where it is suppose to when...you turn the throttle while the engine is off...let go of the throttle and you should here a "CLUNCK" sound in the carby...meaning the Needle/slide is sitting back where it should be!!!

Ive got my 88 with Stock Head set at the moment with the Needle at the 2nd Bottom clip...AIR SCREW set at 1 1/2 turns out and IDLE SCREW about 3 turns out from seated.

Just try and get these few things Dialled and let us know how it goes!!!

Latest posts

Back