CRF50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dub

Reaction score
Just picked up this 2011 CRF50. Swapped my 2002 KX60 for it and am fairly happy with the trade.

It hasn't been looked after very well but it's got potential. From what I can tell from having it for about an hour is it has bigger bars, heavier front and rear springs and bigger pegs and peg mount. No front breaks though.

ny5qxc.jpg

1zoezrq.jpg

I have the stock plastics which I will put back on tomorrow as I prefer that look better.

It isn't running all that great, doesn't seem to be catching gears if that makes sense? It starts first kick no worries but doesn't go any faster than walking pace and doesn't want to change gears.

Any suggestions?

This is my first 50, am even thinking about fixing it enough to sell then buying a brand newy.

would you sell your stock plastics? i am interested in buying them!
and if not would you sell the all white plastics? do you know what brand they are?

could possibly have a clutch or gear issue, got enough oil in it? maybe even try cleaning carby with an air compresser or something and check the jets if they have anything in them

would you sell your stock plastics? i am interested in buying them!
and if not would you sell the all white plastics? do you know what brand they are?
I'll be putting my stock plastics back on, and keeping the white rear fender so it matches my CRF250. If your interested in the rest I'm sure we can work something out. Not sure what brand, the spare plastics came in a Braaap box so I'm guessing the white ones were bought from them.

could possibly have a clutch or gear issue, got enough oil in it? maybe even try cleaning carby with an air compresser or something and check the jets if they have anything in them
I'll give it a proper look over tomorrow, not that I know a lot of what I'm looking for haha. Just picked up my first 4 stroke a couple of weeks ago, a CRF250 and have always had 2 strokes before that. With a Dad who did all my mechanical work haha.

I have heard these are pretty easy to work on, so I guess I will learn as I go though!!

would you sell the honda white plastics and use the braaap ones for yourself?

i am just interested in the number plates like front and sides.

ps.do you know how to use the personal message?

I'll give it a proper look over tomorrow, not that I know a lot of what I'm looking for haha. Just picked up my first 4 stroke a couple of weeks ago, a CRF250 and have always had 2 strokes before that. With a Dad who did all my mechanical work haha.

I have heard these are pretty easy to work on, so I guess I will learn as I go though!!

once you do it, it becomes pretty easy. not much to these engines either

is the clutch slipping ? is the bike at high revs when its at walking pace ?

Yeah that's exactly what it's like. I actually haven't touched the bike in weeks, been riding my big bike and a mates KLX110.

I'll try adjust the clutch after work and see how it goes. I'm thinking about just putting the stock handlebars and springs on it and selling it and getting a KLX110.

Or even a CRF70, got told by a guy at Honda they will be getting rid of them pretty cheap when the 110 comes out.

Bit of an update. Picked up an 05 complete stocker for $300 running perfectly a couple of weeks ago. It's a bit rough but I'll start cleaning it up soon.

Have bought a complete 88cc motor from the states and waiting for it to arrive. Cost me less than it would have cost me to do the work to my own motor and now I'll have a spare to build up.

Will be gradually building both bikes up so I'll update as I go.

Got some pics of the bikes I'll add when I work out how too haha.

Sweet Dub, re post that pic though so we can see em. It didnt work on last post.

Fixed. Pictures are a bit big/phone quality. Not sure how to make smaller sorry guys.

Anyway both together before I start work on them

DBB38A24-B92E-449D-BBE1-F196BA4A5370-8435-00000DE31083103D.jpg

I'll be painting both frames and swingarms in the next week or two, not sure what color on the red one but the white one will be atlas grey, like this;

VN_SS_Commodore_Atlas_Grey_1991.jpg

on the slipping clutch from the older post , sounds like the plates are fried , nice & cheap to fix though.

bikes look sweet , I seen one frame & swingarm is already painted black ? could just put that on the stocker that has the black rims ?

looks good mate

Updates...going very slowly but have received my first parts. Its not much, but am waiting on other stuff to arrive

Have completely stripped one of the bikes, in the middle of the other now

0F2BC76B-0B0B-441D-909E-4AF7A8D24609-8920-00000EAC43EA4C6A.jpg

FF829457-1E80-424D-8AC7-E86491B99C49-8920-00000EAC16E2E05A.jpg

AD5206D7-509C-4017-9D63-7968FEAB1C27-8920-00000EABEE81C6A9.jpg

New Throttles

38ABB1DF-4738-43FD-AFCE-3ED897A992C2-8920-00000EABD34F0EA5.jpg

Have forks, swinger, shock and a heap of other stuff coming as well and still deciding on a frame.

Latest posts

Back