crf50 frame transplant into a changa

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit_mx

Reaction score
I finally sourced up a crf50 frame for my mso from the states the guy wants 40 u.s dollars (a.u $46) without shipping and its brand new ,any how my objective is to make my mso smaller (more crf like) but will the mso's components be able to transplant over into the crf50's frame as i have noticed another bolt hole above the top engine mount ,and being a longer and larger motor will a lifan 140 fit? or will i need to get tank risers to make room for the larger carby?
Heres the link to the frame to be parted out

eBay Motors: Honda CRF 50 Complete Frame (item 190154144986 end time Sep-18-07 17:19:31 PDT)

cheers

ahh im not sure what sort of mso u have but i should be able to swap most of it over but its gona look pretty wacked with the big forks on such a small frame.
i think the engine should fit ok tho as ive a seen chinas in honads before

also the crf50 is pretty weak and u will bend it

The 140 engine might be problem, might hit the front wheel or fender, I think the forks will be too long but try sliding them up in the clamps as much as you can.

You cant go wrong with $46 anyway, just try it and see how it turns out.

have you been quoted for postage yet? i cant see postage being under $80 (my thoughts)

I also think its gonna turn out choppered in the front end.

Z50/CRF50 frames are the same size correct? cause 140 lifans in Z50s touch the front guard pretty badly, most people cut the guards.

u wont have serious rake i have china forks on a crf frame its fine

my mate has the same forks tho and it has massive rake! only caue the frame is bent tho

it will probobly remain similar in size from looking at that pic in your dp

mine is quite a bit bigger than a standed crf50 but still smaller than most china bikes

why r u usin the CRF50 frame? they are week as.... my subframe is about to snap off & they carn't handle big jumps with out welding them up

why r u usin the CRF50 frame? they are week as.... my subframe is about to snap off & they carn't handle big jumps with out welding them up

LOL ......... I was going to say the same thing as Hillz but thought it wasn't worth the arguments .......

The best you can do is find one of the earlier DHZ frames ......... they are a direct CRF50 copy ...... with all the the problems sorted out ie chain rubbing on the swingarm ....... rake angle right to suit 630 mm long fork tubes , mount for rear disc brake master cylinder , rear ride height is right with a 400 to 405 mm long swingarm and 260 to 270 mm long Ishock or Fast Ace shock , exhaust pipe lengths fit etc etc ............

The backbone of the DHZ frames are made from 3 mm wall thickness tubing and they are pretty strong whereas stock Honda frames are made weaker and lighter ........ they ARE designed to only handle kids riding with the stock 2.5 HP 3 speed auto engines after all . My relo bought one of those supposedly reinforced and braced direct CRF copy single backbone chromo frames to replace his stock early DHZ frame and NOTHING was right on it because it was made to precise CRF50 dimensions . He ended up getting rid of it and buying a twin piped SDG chromo frame . Short frames don't handle with big valve head engines in them .......... they try to flip and swap all the time and corner like crap ........

righto ,i was going to get the frame braced at the head tube with a gusset but since its not worth it .I hate sdg frames they feel rigid and too long for the bike that is why im optin for a smaller frame since you say the dhz are the go is it worth researching and getting in contact with old mate dhz? cheers for the help fellas

also cactus jack you said your relo bought dhz frame and it was crap as it was made for a crf50 did you mean the crf50 frme or the dhz frame as it was a copy of the crf50 frame? and does this mean im stuck with a bigger frame

the best frame out is the SANO but your looking at $600
SANO%20Chromoly%20Frame.jpg

thats a sweet frame but $600 is a bit steep for a frame without a detachable subframe and with out the cradle mount set up ,billetware are preety cheap and have all that shit.Just got an email back from ken at dhz he said the factory has discontinued the crf50 replica frame so it looks like im prob gonna have to buy a reputable brand frame instead ay

Latest posts

Back