CT110 & Daytona 190f

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airaaron_6

Reaction score
So I've purchased the Daytona 190f through DHZ to throw on the CT110. Doesn't seem to lineup whatsoever with the Lifan mount bracket. Has anybody else pulled this off before as it doesn't seem to bolt in as easily as they stated, and they don't seem to have much knowledge of how it is out together as they haven't done it themselves.

Welcome to Minirider's

First thing, make sure you drop in here and Introduce Yourself

The engine mounting's are the same on the Lifan's YX's, Z160s' and Daytona's
The postie conversion kits' bracket's sometime's need a twist and tweek to line up with a Lifan 140 etc
The 190FDX gearbox has pretty much the same dimensions as the Lifan

What area are you having problem's with the 190 ?

Cheer's, Craig

Yeah just got it bolted in finally after a bit or grinding and what not. The foot pegs are a bit of a prick but now on, but original gear lever doesn't fit at all now

As far as i know you'd need to modify the genuine CT110 Heel/Toe shifter to fit any of the Chinese engines
Most people just use the gear lever that's supplied with the new engine
You can buy that style gear lever to suit the china ATV's/Quad's etc though if you really want to keep it, ebay would be your best bet
12mm Foot Pedal Gear Shifter Lever 110cc 125cc 150cc ATV Quad Bike Buggy Dune | eBay

images

Post up some pic's of your conversion if you can, and any mod's needed.
There'd be a few member's here that would like to see what's involved

Yeah there's no gear lever at all with the engine haha guess not riding the bike tomorrow, especially as the old exhaust doesn't fit. Thanks for the link though, will absolutely have to get one. Will be doing a post about the postie once I've got the engine all going

Most of these gear lever's will fit too
pit bike gear lever | eBay

The Daytona exhaust port is still CRF style so the pipe will bolt up to the head, but you will need to make a bracket to extend the rear upper mount forward about 40mm.
But it wont flow enough to allow the 190 to breathe properly.
You'll need to buy a new pit bike CRF type exhaust and modify it to suit

Dhz have one that might fit-
New GPX XPower HP Exhaust System, CRF Bent, Suit 125cc 140cc CRF50
You might need a new gasket too
2 X Exhaust Gasket Ring (Gold) ? Buy Online Australia at DHZ

Might be able to get something like this to work-
Bigbore Exhaust Pipe 32mm Muffler System 150cc 160cc PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike | eBay
This one has been press bent so a bit restricted-
BIG Bore Power Pipe 125cc 140cc 150cc PIT Bike Thumpster Muffler Exhaust Pipe | eBay

Hmmmm. Appears DHZ have screwed me a bit with their information in regards to this engine. Did not want to buy another pipe when I have one from one ten motorcycles that's been used on previous engine for about a week. Ughhhh

Do you have a link to your new exhaust it might be ok ?

Now I've found out this morning that the wiring doesn't plug right in from the old connection on the bike to the engine. The connections are different shapes.

And now the Keihin PE28 carby won't fit under the frame unless it's facing forward...

Yeah the connection's are different, the cdi system is also different.
You will need to use the Daytona Loom and cdi, and connect your key switch to the kill wire's on the Daytona loom.
Does your 190 engine have a lighting coil ?
Are there 2 extra wire's coming from the stator a yellow wire, and a yellow w/green stripe wire ?
Or is there 4 wire's coming from the loom to a 4 terminal plastic socket?

With the carby, you might need the taller YCF style manifold, but i'm not sure if it move's the carby outward's any more than the one you have.

Otherwise you might need to make an adapter with an offset stud pattern to be able to let you turn the carby outward's away from your frame.
I will need to be a piece of aluminium about 8mm thick, 30mm bore, and shaped like the manifold pattern on the head.
Use 2x countersunk bolt's to bolt it to the head and then tap the other 2x hole's with an M6 x 1mm tap to accept the manifold bolt's.

yeah i put a 190 in a postie bike a little while ago, it took alot of mucking around and i never got the electrics right so i gave up and put the stocker back in
where abouts are you located i might be able to give you a hand

I'm just gonna get a spin plate to fix the carby issue.

Ahhhh for the wiring I'm a bit confused now. But the original wiring coming from the bike to the engine has White, yellow, green and green/red for the plastic socket/plug. blue/yellow and black for the single wires next to those wires

Why does the engine need to come out ?

White and yellow wires on the old engine are lighting/charge, green is earth
Green w/red is neutral, blue w/yellow is source coil (power for cdi) and black is trigger coil (tell's cdi when to fire)
The Daytona cdi run's a different type of cdi to the postie, you can't connect any of the Daytona wiring to it
What part of SA ?

Ah ****. DHZ have told me I need to connect the Daytona CDI, and the female connection to the coil. They also noted I'd have to splice 2 of the original Honda wires from the harness to the engine and connect engine to the Daytona harness. I'm completely confused now.

In Edwardstown until this bike is running

I'm just gonna get a spin plate to fix the carby issue.
No one make's one to fit the Daytona 150/190
The manifold spinner's on ebay are for a 45mm bolt pattern, like on the Lifan 50, 125, 140, 150 and YX 140, 150, 160 and Zongshen Z155HO, Z160HO's ,
The Daytona Anima 150's and 190's have a 58mm bolt pattern
I could make one for you if you need one, i'd just need to know how much more it needed to turn the carby.

This is a normal pit bike manifold gasket sitting on a Daytona head

Ah ****. DHZ have told me I need to connect the Daytona CDI, and the female connection to the coil. They also noted I'd have to splice 2 of the original Honda wires from the harness to the engine and connect engine to the Daytona harness.
Yeah i told you about the wiring above.
Did they tell that you will need a different Regulator / Rectifier to suit the Full wave lighting coil on the stator too ?

Last edited:
Nope they told me no such thing. By the way it's a 2010 ct110, so it's 12v.

So I can run the engine using the original connections to the engine without using the new harness?

Yeah the connection's are different, the cdi system is also different.
You will need to use the Daytona Loom and cdi, and connect your key switch to the kill wire's on the Daytona loom.
No you cant, like i said above

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back